WB EWS Certificate: Government of West Bengal has started providing EWS (Economically Weaker Sections) certificate to the students and unemployed candidates who belong to general category and do not belong to any other reserved category such as SC, ST, and OBC. This EWS certificate will give 10% reservation to any Government Sector and Educational Institutes in West Bengal. Any Economically Backward Unreserved category (UR) candidate can apply for this EWC certificate in West Bengal. To know more regarding EWS application process, criteria etc go through the article.
Also Check – WB Caste Certificate 2021.
Eligibility Criteria for Applying to EWS Certificate in West Bengal
To get EWS certificate applicants must follow the below mentioned factors:
- Candidates who do not fall under any reservation scheme like SC,ST, and OBC are eligible to apply for EWS certificate.
- Candidates who are applying for EWS Certificate, their annual family income must be less than Rs. 8 Lakh from all the sources, be it agriculture, business, Job etc for the financial year coming before the year of application.
- The applicant’s family should not posses any of the following assets –
- The term “FAMILY” includes the applicant’s parents, siblings below 18 years age, applicant’s spouse, and applicant’s children below 18 years of age.
Who will issue the EWS Certificate online in Bengal?
The candidates who are willing to apply for EWS certificate need to collect an Income and Asset Certificate issued by the below mentioned authority as written in Annexure-c –
- District Magistrate (DM) / Additional District Magistrate (ADM).
- For KMC Area – DWO, Kolkata.
- Sub-Divisional Officer (SDO).
How to apply online for WB EWS Certificate?
Though the application process for the EWS Certificate is purely in offline mode, but the applicant can download the Application form (ANNEXURE – A) Online by visiting the Official website. The steps for issuing EWS certificate has been discussed below –
STEP-1: At first visit the official website and download the EWS Application Form that is ANNEXURE-A. The link is given here.
Step-2: Attach the following documents with the Application Form (Self Attested) –
STEP-3: After attaching all the above mentioned documents with the EWS form, submit the form to the respective authorities as per your location.
Validity of WB EWS Certificate?
After the EWS application form submission the authority will give a date to the applicant to be present for hearing, and the verification of submitted proofs regarding family income and sub-caste to the below mentioned authority.
- Inspector of BCW Panchayat and Municipal areas.
- DWO, Kolkata for KMC areas.
Verification of solid assets such as agricultural land, residential flat or plot will be done by BL and LRO for Panchayat and Municipal areas. In KMC areas this verification will be done by the BL & LRO/ Chief Valuer/ Surveyor.
How EWS Certificate will be issued after these steps?
After all the verification process if the applicant is found eligible for the EWS certificate then they will receive the EWS certificate in the given format in ANNEXURE – C on the given date.
All The Best!!!