DBT JRF Syllabus 2023 : DBT JRF (Department of Biotechnology Junior Research Fellowship) is a national-level exam that is conducted every year to select candidates for Junior Research Fellowship in Biotechnology and Life Sciences. The exam is organized by the Department of Biotechnology under the Ministry of Science and Technology, Government of India. If you are planning to appear for the DBT JRF exam, it is important to know the DBT JRF Syllabus and exam pattern in detail to prepare well.
DBT JRF Syllabus 2023 Overview
|Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science & Technology
|Junior Research Fellowship (JRF)
DBT JRF Exam Dates 2023
|Apply Starting Date
|07 July 2023 (Tentative)
|Apply Last Date
|31 July 2023 (Tentative)
|Admit Card Released Date
|17 Aug 2023 (Tentative)
|21 Aug 2023 (Tentative)
DBT JRF Exam Pattern
|General aptitude and general Biotechnology
|Specialized areas of Biotechnology
Part A – Aptitude and General Biotechnology
- General science, chemistry, mathematics.
- Comprehension based, where a written paragraph is given for the students to read and then questions based on that paragraph is asked.
- Quantitative type – comprehend large numbers and do simple calculations.
- Non-verbal reasoning (e.g., by finding the odd one out in a series of abstract pictures)
- Biomolecular structure and function
- Methods in Biotechnology
- Organization of structure and functions of prokaryotic and eukaryotic cells
- Recombinant DNA Technology
- IPR, Biosafety & Bioethics
- Genomics and Proteomics
- Genetics, Phylogeny & Evolution
- Cellular processes
Part B: Specialized branches in Biotechnology
- Plant Biology, physiology, molecular biology and seed technology
- Molecular Breeding and Genomics
- Abiotic and Biotic Stress Biology
- Tissue Culture, Transgenic Technologies, and Biotechnology
M. Tech. Biotechnology, Biochemical Engineering and Industrial Biotechnology
- Introductory Mathematics
- Bioprocess Engineering and Technology
- Thermodynamics in Biological Systems
- Downstream Processing in Biotechnology
- Engineering Principles
- Bioprocess Plant Design
- Drug metabolism
- Pharmacological screening and assays
- Enzymes and microbial technology
- Biochemical engineering
- Downstream processing
- Industrial application
Molecular and Human Genetics
- Cell Biology and Cytogenetic
- Principles of Genetics
- Common genetic disorders
- Human Genome
Bioinformatics & Computational Biology
- Major Bioinformatics Resources
- Sequence Analysis, Basic concepts
- Database Searches
- DNA & RNA secondary and tertiary structures, t-RNA tertiary structure
- Basic Ecological Concepts and Principles
- Chemistry of organic and inorganic chemicals polluting Environment (air, water and soil)
- Environmental Pollution
- Water Pollution: sources, measurement and management
- Environmental Pollution control
- Environment friendly technologies
- Pollution monitoring and Global environmental problems
- Neurons, Glial cells
- Neurophysiology and Behavior
- Major events in early embryonic development
- Patterning, polarity and regionalization of the nervous system
- Chemical Control of Brain and Behavior
- Neural Control of the Breathing
DBT JRF Exam Preparation Tips
- Comprehend the Exam Syllabus: Familiarise yourself with the exam’s outline to determine which topics to study.
- Create a Study Plan: Create a structured study plan that includes time allotted for each subject.
- Collect Study Materials Obtain pertinent study materials such as textbooks, reference books, and question papers from previous years.
- Understand the fundamental principles of biology, chemistry, and biotechnology.
- Solve Practise Questions: Solve practise questions and sample papers frequently to enhance problem-solving abilities.
- Take practise exams to simulate the exam environment and gauge your level of preparation.
- Revision: Allocate time for revision in order to consolidate your knowledge and identify your weaknesses.
- Stay Current: Maintain an awareness of the most recent advancements in biotechnology.
- Time Management: During the exam, practise time management in order to complete all sections within the allotted time.
- Maintain a positive attitude, remain composed, and have confidence in your abilities during the examination.
How to Download DBT JRF Exam Syllabus ?
The DBT JRF syllabus is available on the official website of the Department of Biotechnology. Follow the below-mentioned steps to download the DBT JRF Exam syllabus:
- Visit the official website of the Department of Biotechnology.
- Click on the ‘DBT JRF’ tab on the homepage.
- Click on the ‘DBT JRF Syllabus 2023’ option.
- The DBT Junior Research Fellowship syllabus for both Part A and Part B will be displayed on the screen.
- Download and take a printout of the DBT Junior Research Fellowship exam Pattern for future reference.
FAQs on www.dbtjrf.gov.in JRF Syllabus:
No, the DBT Junior Research Fellowship syllabus for Part B may vary for candidates depending on their specialization.
Yes, there is a negative marking of 25% for every wrong answer.
No, the DBT JRF syllabus is only available in digital format on the official website of the Department of Biotechnology. However, you can download and take a printout of the same.