Karnataka Civil Judges Examination Syllabus Preliminary Mains Exam Pattern Selection Process 2020 Download Syllabus KHC
Karnataka Civil Judges Exam Syllabus 2020 Prelims Mains Exam Pattern Download Syllabus: Karnataka High Court has invited online application from eligible candidates through Notification No. CJR 1/2020, dated- 01.02.18 to the post of Civil Judges.
We have given detailed information about examination pattern, Karnataka Civil Judge Mains Exam Syllabus 2020 of the Civil Judge Recruitment Exam 2020 and selection process of Civil Judges Examination for the year 2020. Eligible candidates can apply online through the website http://karnatakajudiciary.kar.nic.in/recruitment.asp.
Last date for submission of online application is 01.03.18 (till 11:59 pm). Candidates selected in this post will be on probation for two years or extended period. To know more information on detailed prelims and mains Karnataka Civil Judge Syllabus 2020, visit the official website of Karnataka High Court.
Karnataka Civil Judges Exam Pattern 2020
- Examination will be in three stages- Preliminary examination, Main written examination and Viva-voce.
- Questions of preliminary examination will be of objective type and Main written examination is subjective type.
- Preliminary examination will be of 100 marks test comprising of subjects Law l, Law ll and General knowledge.
- Main written examination will be of 400 marks comprising of subjects Translation paper, Law l, Law ll and Law lll.
- Viva-voce will and Computer test will be of 100 marks and 25 marks respectively.
Karnataka Civil Judges Syllabus
Below is the Karnataka Civil Judge Exam Syllabus 2020 of the written examination for Karnataka Civil Judges Examination-
Preliminary Examination Syllabus Download
Total exam will be of 100 marks.
- Code of civil procedure, 1908
- Negotiable instruments act, 1981
- Transfer of property act, 1882
- Indian contract act, 1872
- Specific relief act, 1963
- Indian constitution
- Karnataka rent act, 1999
- Code of criminal procedure, 1973
- Indian penal code, 1860
- Indian evidence act, 1872
Main Written Test Syllabus
Law paper l
Law paper ll
Law paper lll
Mains Exam of Karnataka HC Civil Judges will be of 400 marks
Translate passages in English into Kannada and Kannada into English. Passages will be from Depositions, Judgements and Documents.
Law Paper l
- The code of civil procedure, 1908
- The code of criminal procedure, 1973
- The Indian evidence act, 1872
- Principles of pleading and the constitution of India.
Law Paper ll
- Framing of issues and writing of judgements in civil cases.
Law Paper lll
- Framing of charges and writing of judgements in criminal cases.
Candidates General knowledge, grasp of principles of law and suitability for appointment as Civil Judge will be tested.
Karnataka High Court Civil Judge Selection Process
As we already have said, Civil Judges will be recruited through Prelims Exam, Mains Exam and Viva Voce Test. Candidates have to secure minimum qualifying score for passing each of the steps as given below – (prescribed in the official notification)
- Minimum pass marks in the Preliminary examination is 50 for SC/ ST candidates and 60 for others.
- Minimum pass marks in main written examination and viva-voce is 40 for SC/ ST candidates and 50 for others.
Computer test of 25 marks will be there to see candidates knowledge in computer. Marks of the computer test shall not be aggregated to the total marks scored by candidates in Main written examination and viva-voce.
This will be the last test for selection of Civil Judges in Karnataka High Court.
Visit our homepage to know Exam Karnataka Civil Judge Syllabus 2020 of various other Jobs.
All the Best!!