CLAT 2020: Admission to the Undergraduate and Postgraduate degree programmes in Law
CLAT 2020 Notification has been published for which candidates can now fill up the application form online for Undergraduate and Postgraduate degree programmes in law. Candidates will get here detailed information from the application procedure to admission procedure of CLAT 2020.
Required Qualification / CLAT Eligibility Criteria:
For Undergraduate Degree Programme in Law – candidates should have passed 12th or an equivalent examination. Minimum 45% marks is required for UR/OBC/Specially abled persons and 40% marks is required for SC,ST categories.
For Post Graduate Degree Programmes in Law – candidates should have LL.B. degree or an equivalent examination. Minimum 55% of marks is required for UR/OBC/Specially abled persons and 50% marks is required for the candidates belonging to SC/ST categories.
Candidates appearing the 12th examination in March/April will be also eligible for CLAT 2020. Those candidates need to produce the proof of passing the qualifying examination at the time of admission.
Important Dates of CLAT 2020:
1. Date of issue of admission notification- 20.12.17 (Wednesday)
2. Date for commencement of submission of online application form- 01.01.18 (Monday)
3. Last date for submission of filled in online application form- 31.03.18 (Saturday)
4. Date for downloading of admit card/hall tickets- 20.04.18 (Friday)
5. Online CLAT 2020 examination date- 13.05.18 (Sunday) from 3pm to 5pm.
6. Date for publishing the answer key- 15.05.18 (Tuesday)
7. Date for representation, if any, relating to the exam,questions or key- 16.05.18- 18.05.18 (Wednesday-Friday)
8. Date for uploading the amended answer key (if required) – 26.05.18 (Saturday)
9. Date for announcement of result- 31.05.18 (issue of merit list) -31.05.18 (Thursday)
10. Date for payment of counselling fee of Rs 50,000- 08.06.18- 12.06.18 (Friday- Tuesday)
11.Date for publication of second allotment list after payment of counselling fee- 16.06.18 (Saturday).
12. Date for payment of counselling fee for the candidates whose name appears first time in the second provisional allotment list- 17.06.18- 19.06.18 (Sunday- Tuesday)
13. Date for locking of allotted seats- 17.06.18- 19.06.18 (Sunday- Tuesday)
14. Last date of withdrawal from the admission process- 19.06.18 (Tuesday)
15. Publication of third allotment list- 24.06.18 (Sunday)
16. Date for payment of full fees whose name appears first time in the third allotment list- 28.06.18- 30.06.18 (Thursday- Saturday)
17. Date for receiving status of admission from the NLUs- 04.06.18 (Wednesday)
18. Date of closure of admission process- 06.06.18 (Friday)
1. General/OBC/SAP and other category candidates- Rs 4000
2. SC/ST candidates- Rs 3500
Candidates can opt last year question papers with Rs 500 extra charge. Application fee should be paid online or by bank challan generated online.
No upper age limit is prescribed to apply for CLAT 2020.
CLAT 2020 Syllabus:
1. UG programme in CLAT 2020 will comprise questions of subjects like English including Comprehension(40 Marks), Elementary Mathematics (Numerical Ability) (20 Marks), General Knowledge and Current Affairs(50 Marks), Legal Aptitude(50 Marks) and Logical Reasoning (40 Marks).
2. PG programme in CLAT 2020 will comprise questions of subjects like Constitutional Law (50 Marks), Jurisprudence (50 Marks) and other law subjects like contract, torts, criminal law, international law etc (50 Marks).
CLAT Exam Pattern 2020:
CLAT 2020 exam will be held in online mode. Duration for the exam will be 2 hours. Questions will be in English only. There us a system of negative marking. 0.25 marks will be deducted from CLAT 2020 each wrong answer. For each answer 1 mark will be awarded to the candidates. For UG courses only objective type questions of maximum 200 marks will be asked from each subject areas and for PG courses only multiple choice questions of maximum 150 marks will be asked from each subject areas.
Admit card will be available on 20.04.18 in the website of CLAT 2020 on www.clat.ac.in. Admit card will be issued online only. Along with the admit card, candidates need to carry with them one identity proof to the examination centre.
How to apply:
Candidates can only apply online through the website www.clat.ac.in. At first candidates have to register themselves by creating a LOGIN account using an e-mail ID and mobile number. Then they CLAT 2020 must upload the scanned copies of signature and photograph. At the time of submitting the online application form, the photograph and signature of the candidate need to be attested. No hard copy of filled in application form is to be sent to the CLAT office.
Other important instructions for the candidates:
Information regarding reservation policies, fee structure, details of intake and the courses offered and the subjects taught at various level including the areas of specialization etc., has been specified very briefly in the e-Brochure. Participating National Law Universities has the right to change the total number of seats as CLAT 2020 per their policy before the final allotment. If a candidate has filled in more than one application form the last online application form of the applicant will be considered. In that case candidates will not get refund of the fee for the previous application forms. Application fee of CLAT 2020 is non-refundable. Candidates are advised to visit the website of CLAT 2020 and our webpage www.jobsandhan.com regularly for further updates.