RBI Grade B Phase 1 model question paper download sample set Screening Test Preliminary Exam
1) Which of the following organization is the oldest ?
2) The Gandhara Art flourished during the period of
3) What was the name given to India’s first lunar mission ?
a) Vikram- I
b) Kalpana- II
c) Chandrayaan- I
d) Insat- V
4) The book ‘The Audacity of Hope has been written by
a) Nayantara Sehgal
b) Aravind Adiga
d) Barack Obama
5) Yak is found in—
a) Central Asia
6) A noise level of 100 decibel would correspond to
a) Just audible sound
b) Ordinary conversation
c) Sound from a noisy street
d) Noise from a machine shop
7) Salim Ali was an eminent
a) Urdu poet
c) Ghazal singer
d) None of the above
8) Who was the first Indian top reach Antarctica?
a) Rakesh Sharma
b) G.S Sirohi
d) K. Karuna Nautial
9) Which one of the following sites is famous for prehistoric paintings?
10) Which one of the following is a direct tax ?
a) Entertainment tax
b) Estate duty
c) Excise duty
d) Sales tax
11) Which of the following is not a fertiliser product?
a) Di-ammonium Phosphate
b) Calcium Carbonate
c) Nitrogen phosphorous potassium complexes
12) Which spacecraft was the first to land on the Moon?
a) Apollo 10
b) Apollo 11
c) Apollo 13
13) Why are water droplets spherical?
a.) A sphere has smallest surface area for a given volume.
b.) To assume the largest surface area for the given volume.
c.) Intermolecular forces being very strong in water.
d.) Intermolecular forces being very weak in water.
14) The Rural Landless Employment Guarantee Programme (RLEGP) is an extension of:
(a) Integrated Rural Development Programme (IRDP)
(b) National Rural Employment Programme (NREP)
(c) Training of Rural Youth for Self Employment (TRYSEM)
(d) Minimum Needs Programme (MNP)
15) In India, the service tax was first introduced in the year:
16) 8 men can dig a pit in 20 days. If a man works half as much again as a boy, then 4 men and 9 boys can dig a similar pit in
a) 10 days
b) 12 days
c) 15 days
d) 16 days
17) sin2 200 + sin2 700 – tan2 450 =?
18) A rectangle measures 8 cm on length. Its diagonal measures 10 cm. What is the perimeter of the rectangle ?
a) 36 cm
b) 38 cm
c) 28 cm
d) 18 cm
19) The simple interest on a sum for 5 yr is one-fourth of the sum. The rate of interest per annum is
20) The ratio between two numbers is 3 : 4. If each number is increased by 6, then ratio becomes 4 : 5. The difference between the numbers is
21) The product of two coprimes is 117.Their LCM should be
c) equal to their HCF
d) Can’t be determined
22) A man rows a boat 18 km in 4 h downstream and returns upstream in 12 h. the speed of the stream (in km/h) is
23) The height of a right circular cone is 84 cm and its base radius is 3.5. its volume is
a) 3234 cm3
b) 1078 cm3
c) 2156 cm3
d) 2496 cm3
24) Expenditure on rent on rent is more than is more than that on miscellaneous purpose by
c) 25 1/3 %
d) 42 6/7 %
25) Cos 00 is equal to
c) Not defined
d) None of these
26) Michael Bolton has $90,000 with him. He purchases a car, a laptop and a flat for $15,000,
$13,000 and $35,000 respectively and puts the remaining money in a bank deposit that pays
compound interest @15% per annum. After 2 years, he sells off the three items at 80% of their
original price and also withdraws his entire money from the bank by closing the account. What is
the total change in his asset?
27) In seven given numbers, the average of first four numbers is 4 and that of last four numbers is also 4. If the average of these seven numbers is 3, the fourth number is
29) GDC is (x2 – 4) and (x2 +x – 6) is
a) (x + 2)
b) (x – 2)
c) (x2 – 2)
d) (x2 + 2)
30) Find the LCM of (2s x 3 x 52 x 7) (24 x 32 x 5 x 72 x 11) and (2 x 3s x 54)
(a) 24 x 33 x 54
(b) 2 x3x7 x5x11
(d) 24 x 34 x 54 x 7
Directions: Choose the correct alternative from the given one that will complete the series.
Directions: Find the odd number/word/letters/number pair from the given alternatives.
32) a) 272
33) Find the wrong number in the given series.
34) A boy rode his bicycle northwards, then turned left and rode one km and again turned left and rode 2 km. He found himself exactly one km west of his starting point. How far did he ride northwards initially?
c) 3 km
d) 5 km
35) Q’s mother is sister of P and daughter of M.S is daughter of P and sister of T. How is M related to T?
d) Grandfather or Grandmother
36) Pointing to a woman in a photograph, a man says, “She is the mother of my daughter-in-law’s husband’s only sister.” How is the woman related to the man?
Directions: In the following questions same equations are solved on the basis of a certain system. On the same basis, find out correct answer for unsolved equation.
Directions: Select the missing number from the given responses.
38) a) 64
40) If RIVER=72 then LAND=?
Directions: The following sentences consist of a word or a phrase which is written in bold letters. Each of them is followed by four words or phrases. Select the word or the phrase which is closest to the opposite in meaning of the bold word or phrase.
41) A character without a blemish is a virtue of a leader.
42) The judge thought that the offence was deliberate.
Directions: Pick out the most effective word from the given words to fill in the blanks to make the sentence meaningfully complete.
43) The health minister ______ the need to make the laparoscopic surgery available to the common people and _____ it’s reach.
a) underscored, widen
b) stressed, larger
c) spotted, extend
Directions: four alternatives a,b,c and d given under each sentence, you are required to select most suitable alternative to fill in the blank/blanks in the sentence to make it meaningful.
44) Oh! Such a pretty girl. Whom has she ……?
a) taken after
b) took after
c) taken by
d) took by
45) a) He is vain as though he were a millionaire.
b) She acted as if her mother asked her to do.
c) She carried the child carefully lest it should not fall.
d) I don’t relish the food whose taste is sour.
46) a) I hope you will excuse my leaving early.
b) I hope you will excuse me leaving early.
c) I hope you will excuse mine leaving early.
d) I hope you will excuse leaving early.
Directions: In each of the following questions, choose the correctly spelt word.
47) a) Dairy
48) We know where it begins (a)/ but we don’t know (b)/ that where it ends.(c)/ No error (d)
49) I am quite certain (a)/ that the lady is not only greedy (b)/ but miserly (c)/ No error (d)
Directions: in the following sentences a word or phrase is written in bold. For each bold part four words/phrases are listed below each sentence. Choose the word nearest in meaning to bold part.
50) Our fates seemed intertwined.
For more information regarding the recruitment of RBI Grade B Officer – visit official website.