WBSSC LDA LDC Model Question Paper Download PDF Practice Sample Set
WBSSC Lower Division Clerk Assistant Solved Model Question Paper Download Practice Set PDF format. LDA LDC Model Question Paper Sample Practice Set contains 50 MCQ Questions from the syllabus of the written test for West Bengal Staff Selection Commission. WBSSC Conducts Part 1 exam as preliminary test which contains objective type Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) and Part 2 consists of Descriptive Test which is conducted after the Part 1 exam. Those who clears the part 1 WBSSC LDA LDC Exam, are eligible to appear in the WBSSC Part 2 exam. WBSSC LDA LDC Model Question Paper has been given below.
Directions : In the following questions, some parts have been jumbled up. You are required to rearrange these parts, which are labeled P, Q, R and S, to produce the correct sentence.
1) All precautionary measures were taken, to prevent the capture of booths/ (P), during the election/ (Q), by the Government/ (R), by the terrorists (S)
a) S P R Q
b) Q S P R
c) R P S Q
d) R Q S P
Directions : In these questions, out of the four alternatives, choose the one which best express the meaning of the given word.
Directions : In these questions, out of the four alternatives, choose the one which can be substituted for the given words\ sentence.
3) One who hates woman
Directions : In each of the following questions a word is followed by four options. You have to choose the option that is the most appropriate synonym to the given word.
Directions : Pick out the most effective word from the given words to fill in the blanks to make the sentence meaningfully complete.
5) Anita ___ me of a girl I used to know.
6) How much did it ________ to reach Mumbai by car?
Directions : Some parts of the sentences have errors and some are correct. Find out which part of a sentence has an error :
7) It was him (a)/ who came running (b)/ into the classroom. (c)/ No error (d)
8) He is running temperature since last Friday (a)/ and doctors suspect (b)/ that he is down with typhoid (c)/ No error (d)
Directions: In the following sentence a word of phrase is written in bold .For each bold part four word/phrases are listed below each sentence. Choose the word nearest in meaning to bold part.
9) The flat has been refurbished recently.
10) She is very discreet.
Description: The following sentences consist of a word or a phrase which is written in bold letters. Each of them is followed by four words of phrases. Select the word or the phrase which is closest to the opposite in meaning of the bold word or phrase?
11) The task assigned to him was arduous.
Directions: In the following questions Choose the option which is an improvement upon the italicized part of the sentence. If no important is required, your answer is (d).
12) All the allegation leveled against him were found to be baseless.
a) leveled for
b) level with
c) level against
d) no improvement
Directions: In each of the following questions, choose the correctly spelt word.
13) a) Refrigerator
14) a) Hindrence
15) Directions (Q. 11-15) : Choose the word opposite in meaning to the given word.
16) Total number of muscles present in our body
17) What growth rate of Indian Economy has been projected by IMF for 2011-12?
18) The largest oil field of Gujarat is in—
19) The important feature of shifting cultivation is :
(a) cultivation by transplantation
(b) cultivation of Leguminous crops
(c) change of cultivation site
(d) rotating of crops
20) Which of the following was not a common social reform attempted by all the Hindu social reformers of the 19th century
(a) emancipation of women
(c) female education
21) The proud title of ‘Vikramaditya’ had been assumed by
(b) Chandragupta II
22) Bolivar is monetary unit of:
23) Hard Currency is defined as currency:
(a) which can hardly be used for international transactions
(b) which is used in times of war
(c) which loses its value very fast
(d) traded in foreign exchange market for which demand is persistently relative to the supply
24) Who was the president of the constituent Assembly of Independent India ?
a)Dr. Bhim Rao Ambedkar
b)Dr. Rajendra Prasad
25) Number of basic SI unit is:
26) The zero layer in the atmosphere is at a height of about
b) 50 km
27) The gas leaked out in Bhopal gas tragedy _
a) Carbon Monoxide
b) Etyle isocynate
c) Methyl isocynate
d) SO2 and NO2
28) Which of the following is a good source of Vitamin ‘e’?
c) Yellow Yolk
d) Fresh vegetable
29) Bt seed is associated with—
d) Oil seed
30) pH value of acidic solution is—
31) Which of the following among alkali metals is most reactive?
32) Which company manufactures the A-380 aircraft?
a) Air Bus Industries
b) Lockheed Martin
d) Macdonald Douglas
33) Stains of rust from iron on cloth can be removed by
a) hydrogen peroxide
c) oxalic acid
34) Who was the first Foreign Minister of free India?
a) Jawaharlal Nehru
b) Gulzarilal Nanda
c) Lal Bahadur Shastri
d) John Mathai
35) The major combustible component of gobar (cow-dung) gas is
b) Carbon dioxide
36) Five years ago, the average age of P and Q was 15 yr. Average age of P,Q and R today is 20 yr. how old will R be after 10 yr ?
a) 35 yr
b) 40 yr
c) 30 yr
d) 50 yr
37) Find the greatest possible length of the planks, if three pieces of timber 42 m, 49 m and 63 m long have to be divided into planks of the same length.
Directions (Q. Nos. 1-11) Find the missing term in each of the following series
38) 14, 33, 104, ?, 2110
(e) None of the above
39) A number divided by 56 gives 29 as remainder. If the same number is divided by 8, the remainder will be …
40) The income of a broker remains unchanged though the rate of commission is increased from 4% to 5%. The percentage of slump in business is
41) On selling tea at Rs 40 per kilogram a loss of 10% is incurred. Calculate the amount of tea (in kg) sold,if the total loss incurred is Rs 80.
a) 12 kg
b) 15 kg
c) 18 kg
d) 20 kg
42) Two numbers are in the ratio 3 : 5. If each number is increased by 10, the ratio becomes 5 : 7 the numbers are
43) At what percent will the compound interest, does a sum of money become 27 times in 3 yr ?
a) 100 %
44) The speed of the boat in still water is 12 km/h and the speed of the stream is 2 km/h. A distance of
8 km, going upstream, is covered in
(a) 1 h
(b) 1 h 15 min
(c) 1 h 12 min
(d) None of these
45) The RBI lends a certain amount to the SBI on simple interest for two years at 20%. The SBI gives
this entire amount to Bharti Telecom on compound interest for two years at the same rate annually.
Find the percentage earning of the SBI at the end of two years on the entire amount.
46) If x2 + y2 – 4x – 4y + 8= 0, then the value of x – y is
b) – 4
47) Volumes of two cubes are in the ratio 8 : 27. Ratio of their surface area is
a) 2 : 3
b) 3 : 2
c) 4 : 9
d) 9 : 4
48) Find the largest common divisor of 102 and 1170
49) HCF of x2 – y2 and x3 – y3 is
a) x- y
b) x3 – y3
c) (x2 – y2)
d) (x + y)( x2+xy +y2)
50) If p =3/5, q =7/9, r =5/7, then which of the following inequality is true ?
For more details on WBSSC LDA LDC Recruitment Exam – Visit official website.