RPF SI Model Question Paper Download Sample Test Set PDF MCQ Questions Answers
Staff Selection Commission (SSC) CGL (combined graduate level) tier 1 model question answer paper has been given below. You can download the sample / model paper of SSC CGL Tier 1 exam in PDF format.
1) The first metal to be extensively used by the people in India was
2) Lord Cornwallis had introduced the ______ land tenure
3) Whom had Gandhi named as Mira Behn?
(a) Annie Besant
(b) Kamla Devi
(c) Indira Gandhi
(d) Madeline Slade
4) The highest peak of the Himalayas in India is in :
(a) Uttar Pradesh
(d) Himachal Pradesh
5) The reservoir Gobind Sagar is on which river in Punjab?
6) Which of the following is the oldest atomic power station?
7) Which Committee’s recommendations are being followed for estimating Poverty Line in
(a) Dutt Committee
(b) Chelliah Committee
(c) Chakravorty Committee
(d) Lakdawala Committee
8) The Imperial Bank of India, after nationalisation was given the name of:
(a) Reserve Bank of India
(b) Bank of India
(c) State Bank of India
(d) Indian Overseas Bank
9) An individual’s actual standard of living can be assessed by
(a) Gross National Income
(b) Net National Income
(c) Per Capita Income
(d) Disposable Personal Income
10) Who was the first Foreign Minister of free India?
(a) Jawaharlal Nehru
(b) Gulzari Lal Nanda
(c) Lal Bahadur Shastri
(d) John Mathai
11) The salary and perquisites of the President of India are determined by the
(a) Prime Minister
(b) Supreme Court
(c) Central Cabinet
(d) Union Parliament
12) What did “x” mean in “x-rays”?
13) Which instrument determines specific gravity of liquids?
14) When is the World Diabetes Day observed?
a) November 6
b) November 10
c) November 14
d) November 19
15) Who was the National Leader who wrote History of India on the walls of the Andaman Cellular Jail ?
a) Nandalal Bose
c) Vir Savarkar
d) Jyotiba Phule
Directions: in the following sentences a word or phrase is written in bold. For each bold part four words/phrases are listed below each sentence. Choose the word nearest in meaning to bold part.
16) The Collector has yet relinquished his charge.
a) give up
17) The navy gave tactical support to the marines.
Directions: Each of the following questions containing main word followed by four words. Select the word that is most similar in meaning.
Directions: Each the following main words are followed by four words. Select the word that is further (opposite) in meaning to the main word.
Directions: In each of the following questions, choose the correctly spelt word.
21) a) Acomodation
22) Mohan is the one (a)/ who always finds (b)/ fault with whatever Ram does.(c)/ No error (d)
23) Long life is good (a)/ if one be happy (b)/ and has friend (c)/ No error (d)
24) It is a (a)/ quarter to ten (b)/ by my watch. (c)/ No error (d)
Directions: four alternatives a,b,c and d given under each sentence, you are required to select most suitable alternative to fill in the blank/blanks in the sentence to make it meaningful.
25) The shepherd was looking after the ……. Of sheep.
26) The police … the mob.
27) a) I am ready to say this at her face.
b) I am ready to say this on her face.
c) I am ready to say this in her face.
d) I am ready to say this to her face.
28)a) He is vain as though he were a millionaire.
b) She acted as if her mother asked her to do.
c) She carried the child carefully lest it should not fall.
d) I don’t relish the food whose taste is sour.
Directions: Pick out the most effective word from the given words to fill in the blanks to make the sentence meaningfully complete.
29) The ______ is working on wood.
30) His parents did not pay _______ attention to his studies.
31) The average age of 30 students is 9 yr. If the age of their teacher is included, it becomes 10 yr. the age of the teacher (in yr) is
32) The cost price of an article is 40% of the selling price. The percent that the selling price is of cost price is
33) A mixture of 729 mL contains milk and water in the ratio 7 : 2. How much more water is added to get a new mixture containing milk and water in the ratio 7 : 3 ?
a) 81 mL
b) 72 mL
c) 80 mL
d) 78 Ml
34) A borrowed Rs 5000 from B at simple interest. After 4 yr, B received Rs 1000 more than the amount given to B on loan. The rate of interest was
b) 25 %
C) 20 %
35) A man is walking at a speed of 9 km/h. After every km he takes rest for 9 min. How much time will he take to cover a distance of 27 km ?
a) 6 h
b) 6 h 45 min
c) 6 h 54 min
d) 6 h 35 min
36) The income of a broker remains unchanged though the rate of commission is increased from 4% to 5%. The percentage of slump in business is
37) The pair of numbers which are relatively prime to each other is
(a) (68, 85) (b) (65, 91)
(c) (92, 85) (d) (102, 153)
38) The sum of the five consecutive numbers is equal to 170. What is the product of largest and the smallest numbers?
a)1512 (b) 1102 (c) 1152 (d) 1210 (e) None of the above
Directions: Find the missing term in each of the following series.
39) 1220, 244, …, 9.76, 1.952
(e) None of the above
Directions : find the wrong.
40) Which of the following numbers does not fit into the series?
14, 19, 29, 40, 44, 51, 59, 73
Direction: In each of the following questions, there is a certain relationship between two given words on one side of :: and one words given on another side of :: while another words is to be selected from the given alternatives, having the same relationship with this word as the words of the given pair bear. Choose the correct alternative.
41) Man : Biography :: Nation : ?
42) Sculptor : Statue :: Poet : ?
43) If the first day of the year ( other than the leap year) was Friday , then which was the last day of that year?
Directions: In each of the following questions, four words have been given out of which three are alike in a certain way and one is different. Choose out the odd one.
44) a) Lake
45) Alok walked 30m towards east and took a right turn and walked 40 m. He again took a right turn and walked 50 m. Towards which direction is he from his starting point?
46) If Atul finds that he is twelfth from the right in a queue of boys and fourth from the left, how many boys should be added to the queue so that there are 28 boys in the queue?
Direction: Start off with these simple series of numbers. Number series questions measure your ability to reason without words. To answer these questions, you must determine the pattern of the numbers in each series before you will be able to choose which number comes next. These questions involve only simple arithmetic. Although most number series items progress by adding or subtracting, some questions involve simple multiplication or division. In each series, look for the degree and direction of change between the numbers. In other words, do the numbers increase or decrease, and by how much?
47) ) Look at this series: 40, 40, 47, 47, 54, . . . What number should come next?
Directions: In each of the following questions find which one word cannot be formed from the letters of the given words using each letter only once.
49) A is father of C and D is son of B.E is brother of A. If C is sister of D, how is B related to E?
50) In a certain code, ‘37’ means ‘which class’ and ‘583’ means ‘caste class’. What is the code for ‘caste’ ?
d) Either 5 or 8
For more details regarding Staff Selection Commission CGL Exam, visit the official website of SSC.