SBI Probationary Officer PO Prelims Model Question Paper Download PDF Free
SBI Probationary Officer (PO) Question Paper for Preliminary Exam has been given below. You can download the free model question paper in PDF format. The model question paper contains 50 MCQ Questions which are important for State Bank of India Probationary Officer (PO) posts preliminary exam. The question paper follows the syllabus of the State Bank of India (SBI) PO Preliminary Online Test Recruitment Exam Syllabus which consists of the General English, Reasoning and Quantitative Aptitude.
1) You must not forgot to call me after you reach Delhi.
a) will reach
b) will have reached
d) no improvement
Directions: The following sentences consist of a word or a phrase which is written in bold letters. Each of them is followed by four words or phrases. Select the word or the phrase which is closest to the opposite in meaning of the bold word or phrase.
3) The made a profligate use of scarce resources.
4) Modesty is a virtue but it must not be allowed to be exploited.
Directions: Each the following main words are followed by four words. Select the word that is further (opposite) in meaning to the main word.
Directions: Pick out the most effective word from the given words to fill in the blanks to make the sentence meaningfully complete.
8) ) Rajeev is too _______ as far as his food habits are concerned.
9) Man must _______ now to stop pollution.
Directions: In each of the following questions, choose the correctly spelt word.
10) a) Acomodation
11) a) Fullfil
12) I have read an interesting book yesterday (a)/ and underlined the new words (b)/ which are simple but effective.(c)/ No error (d)
13) This is the same story (a)/ which I heard (b)/ from him yesterday.(c)/ No error (d)
Directions: in the following sentences a word or phrase is written in bold. For each bold part four words/phrases are listed below each sentence. Choose the word nearest in meaning to bold part.
14) Such conduct deserves reprimand.
15) The acerbic remarks of the manager were unwarranted.
16) How many numbers between 200 and 600 are divisible by 4,5 and 6 ?
17) The sum of the digits of a two digit number is 12. If the digit are reversed, the number is decreased by 18. The number is
18) A person covers half his journey by train at 60 km/h, half the remainder by bus at 30 km/h and the rest by cycle at 10 km/h. find his average speed during the entire journey
a) 15 km/h
b) 24 km/h
c) 20 km/h
d) 33.3 km/h
19) The average weight of 29 students is 28 kg. by the admission of a new student, the average weight is reduced to 27.8 kg. The weight of the new student is
a) 22 kg
b) 21.6 kg
c) 22.4 kg
d) 21 kg
20) Find the greatest number which can divide 284,698 and 1618 leaving the same remainder 8 in each case.
21) The HCF of two numbers is 21 and their sum is 105. The LCM of the numbers is
a) 189 or 147
b) 126 or 84
c) 84 or 145
d) 126 or 145
Directions :Find the missing term in each of the following series.
22) 23, 42.2, 80.6, 157.4, 311?
(e) None of the above
23) 600, 125, 30, ?, 7.2, 6.44, 6.288
(e) None of the above
24) A debtor can be pay 87 paisa in the rupee, but if his creditors would take 20% of his debts, he could pay them and have Rs 42 left. His debts and assests respectively are
a) Rs 600,522
b) Rs 500,521
c) Rs 400,520
25) On increase the price of TV sets by 30%, their sale decreases by 20%. What is the effect on the revenue receipts of the shop ?
a) 4% increase
b) 4% decrease
c) 8% increase
d) 8% decrease
26) Profit earned by selling an article for Rs 1060 is 20% more than the loss incurred by selling the article for Rs 950. At what price should the article be sold to earn 20% profit ?
a) Rs 1000
b) Rs 1150
c) Rs 1250
d) Rs 1200
27) If there are Rs 495 in a bag in denominations of one-rupee, 50 paisa and 25 paisa couns, which are in the ratio 1 : 8 : 16. How many 50 paisa coins are there in the bag ?
d) None of these
28) A certain sum of money amounts to Rs 1125 in 5 yr and to Rs 1200 in 8 yr. The sum is
a) Rs 900
b) Rs 500
c) Rs 1000
d) Rs 800
29) What is the amount of equal instalment, if a sum of `1428 due 2 years hence has to be completely
repaid in 2 equal annual instalments starting next year.
(d) Cannot be determined
30) A boy walking at a speed of 45 km/h reaches his school 10 min late. Next time he increases his speed by 15 km/h but still he is late by 5 min. Find the distance of his school from his house.
a) 10 km
b) 12 km
c) 25 km
d) 15 km
31) Without stoppage a person travels a certain distance at an average speed of 15km/h and with stoppages he covers the same distance a an average speed of 12 km/h. How min per hour does he stop ?
a) 15 min
b) 12 min
c) 16 min
d) 18 min
32) If an angle is its own complementary angle, then its measure is
33) ) If 13 + 23 + ….. + 103 = 3025, then 4 + 32 + 108 + …… + 4000 is equal to
Direction: In each of the following questions, there is a certain relationship between two given words on one side of :: and one words given on another side of :: while another words is to be selected from the given alternatives, having the same relationship with this word as the words of the given pair bear. Choose the correct alternative.
34) Nurture : Neglect :: Denigrate : ?
35) Gun : Bullet :: Chimney : ?
36) If the first of the month falls day after tomorrow (Tuesday), what will be the date three days after Wednesday next week?
Directions: In each of the following questions, four words have been given out of which three are alike in a certain way and one is different. Choose out the odd one.
37) a) Nylon
38) a) Bleat
39) a) Faraday
40) One Morning after sunrise,Reeta and Kavita were talking to each other face to face at Tilak Square.If Kavita’s shadow was exactly to the right of Reeta, Which direction Kavita was facing?
c) Data inadequate
d) None of these
41) Ramesh is facing North. He turns 1350 in the anticlockwise direction and then 1800 in the clockwise direction. Which direction is he facing now?
d) South-West42) Meena’s position from the right is
Directions: In each of the following questions, a number series is given with one term missing. Choosing the correct alternative that will continue the same pattern and fill in the blank spaces.
Directions: In each of the following questions find which one word cannot be formed from the letters of the given words using each letter only once.
d) HORSE46) a) Qualify
47) Rahul’s mother is the only daughter of Monika’s father. How is Monika’s husband related to Rahul?
48) In a certain code, 15789 is written as XTZAL and 2346 is written as NPSU. How is 23549 written in that code ?
49) In a certain code language ‘STAMP’ is written as ‘TVBOQ’.How will ‘BRAIN’ be written in that code ?
50) If ‘A*B’ means A is the mother of B; ‘AxB’ means A is the husband of B, then which of the following equations shows that ‘P’ is the father of ‘Q’?
Details of the recruitment exam can be found on Click Here.[fbcomments]