RRB NTPC Model Question Paper Download Preliminary Exam Rail Non Technical Popular Categories
Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) NTPC (non technical popular categories) prelims exam model question paper download sample pdf practice set of questions answers.
1) The Nuclear Power Station Rawatbhata is in which State?
b) Uttar Pradesh
d) Tamil Nadu
2) River Damodar is called ‘Sorrow of Bengal’ because it :
(a) gets flooded often causing havoc
(b) causes maximum soil erosion
(c) forms number of dangerous waterfalls
(d) is not a perennial river
3) The Constitution of India was adopted by the constituent Assembly on –
a) Aug. 15, 1947
b) Jan. 30, 1948
c) Nov. 26, 1949
d) Jan. 26, 1950
4) A ruling dynasty established in India at the instance of Timur was
5) Which among the following countries was the earliest to give women the right to vote?
c) New Zealand
6) The great lawn tennis player Bjorn Borg is from which country?
7) Which amidst the following states has a Legislative Council?
c) Paschim Banga
8) Grassland is called ‘’pampas’’ inhtt
b) South America
c) The United Kingdom
d) The USA
9) Who among the following took over as Chief Election Commissioner from BB Tandon?
a) M Damoddaran
b) N Gopalaswamy
c) Y V Reddy
d) SY Qureshi
10) What is iodised table salt?
a) An element
b) A compound
c) A Heterogeneous mixture
d) A homogeneous
11) Which one of the following diseases is caused by bacteria and spreads through faecal matter by houseflies ?
12) Sandalwood tree is considered a
a) Total root parasite
b) Total stem parasite
c) Stem parasite
d) Partial root parasite
13) ……is celebrated as Victory Day in Bangladesh and Vijay Diwas in India.
a) 16th December
b) 18th December
c) 16th November
d) 18th November
14) Who among the following had repealed the Vernacular Press Act?
a) Lord Lytton
b) Lord Ripon
c) Lord Dufferin
d) Lord Lansdowne
15) The Indus Valley Civilization specialized in
a) Town planning
d) All of these
16) The metal atom, which is present conductors of heat are respectively
a) Sodium (Na)
b) Potassium (K)
c) Calcium (Ca)
d) Magnesium (Mg)
17) What is the name of Kalhana’s book?
18) The Arjuna Awards were instituted in the year
19) Amount of energy transfered from one trophic level to next is—
20) Which one among the following metals is more reactive than hydrogen?
21) A man spends Rs 1800 monthly on an average for the first four months and Rs 2000 monthly for the next eight months and saves Rs 5600 a year. His average monthly income is
a) Rs 2000
b) Rs 2200
c) Rs 2400
d) Rs 2600
22) The average of ten numbers is 7. If each number is multiplied by 12, then the average of the new
set of numbers is
23) The number between 200 and 300, which when divided by 6,8 or 9 leaves remainder 8 in each case, are
24) How many numbers are there between 4000 and 6000 which are exactly divisible by 32, 40, 48 and
Directions: Find the missing term in each of the following series.
25) 3, 5, 9, 17, 33, 65, ?
(e) None of the above
26) Complete the series 7, 26, 63, 124, 215,342′ ?’
27) The pair of numbers which are relatively prime to each other is
(a) (68, 85) (b) (65, 91)
(c) (92, 85) (d) (102, 153)
28) What is the unit digit in
(e) None of the above
29) There are 600 boys in a hostel. Each plays either hockey or football or both. If 75% plays hockey and 45% play football, How many boys plays both ?
30) 4/5th of the voters in Bellary promised to vote for Sonia and the rest promised to vote for Sushma. Of these voters, 10% of the voters who had promised to vote for Sonia, did not vote on the
election day, while 20% of the voters who had promised to vote for Sushma did not vote on the
election day. What is the total no. of votes polled if Sonia got 216 votes?
31) Profit earned by selling an article for Rs 1060 is 20% more than the loss incurred by selling the article for Rs 950. At what price should the article be sold to earn 20% profit ?
a) Rs 1000
b) Rs 1150
c) Rs 1250
d) Rs 1200
32) On selling tea at ` 40 per kg a loss of 10% is incurred. Calculate the amount of tea (in kg) sold if
the total loss incurred is ` 80.
(a) 12 kg
(b) 15 kg
(c) 18 kg
(d) 20 kg
33) Rs. 120 are divided among A, B,C such that A’s share is Rs. 20 more than B’s and Rs.20 less than C’s. What is B’s share
a) Rs 10
b) Rs 20
c) Rs 24
d) Rs 28
34) A bag contains an equal number of one rupee, 50 paisa and 25 paisa coins respectively. If the total value is Rs 35, how many coins of each type are there ?
35) A sum of money invested at simple interest triples itself in 8 years at simple interest. Find in how
many years will it become 8 times itself at the same rate?
(a) 24 years
(b) 28 years
(c) 30 years
(d) 21 years
36) The simple interest on a certain sum of money for 2 yr at 6% per annum is Rs 300. The compound interest at the same rate for the same time will be
a) Rs 310
b) Rs 308
c) Rs 307
d) Rs 309
37) A motor car does a journey in 9 h, the first half at 12 km/h and second half at 15 km/h. Find the distance.
a) 120 km
b) 100 km
c) 124 km
d) 96 km
38) Two trains, Calcutta Mail and Bombay Mail, start at the same time from stations Kolkata and
Mumbai respectively towards each other. After passing each other, they take 12 hours and 3 hours
to reach Mumbai and Kolkata respectively. If the Calcutta Mail is moving at the speed of 48 km/h,
the speed of the Bombay Mail is
(a) 24 km/h
(b) 22 km/h
(c) 21 km/h
(d) 96 km/h
39) What is the rate of interest, when the PW of Rs 1245 due 15 months hence is Rs 1200 ?
40) The number of times 2 is used while writing the numbers from 1 to 100 is
Direction: In each of the following questions, there is a certain relationship between two given words on one side of :: and one words given on another side of :: while another words is to be selected from the given alternatives, having the same relationship with this word as the words of the given pair bear. Choose the correct alternative.
41) Paw : Cat :: Hoof : ?
Directions: The next two sets will give you more practice with analogies. Every one of the following questions consists of a related pair of words, followed by five pairs of words labeled a through e. Choose the pair that best represents a similar relationship to the one expressed in the original pair of words. Remember, the best way to approach an analogy question is to make up a sentence that describes the relationship between the first two words. Then, find the pair that has a similar relationship.
42) ODOMETER : DISTANCE
a. scale : weight
length : width
inch : foot
mileage : speed
area : size
43) Mohini went to the movies nine days ago. She goes to the movies only on Thursday. What day of the week is today?
44) If 18th February,1997 falls on Tuesday, then what will be the day on 18th February,1999?
Directions: In each of the following questions, four words have been given out of which three are alike in a certain way and one is different. Choose out the odd one.
45) a) Carpenter
46) a) Dollar
47) M is to the East of D,F is to the south of D and K is to the East of F.M is in which direction with respect to k?
d) Data inadequate
48) Y is to the East of X, Which is to the North of Z. If P is to the South of Z, then P is in Which direction with respect to Y ?
49) In a row of trees one tree is fifty from either end of the row. How many trees are there in the row?
Directions: In each of the following questions, a number series is given with one term missing. Choosing the correct alternative that will continue the same pattern and fill in the blank spaces.
Directions: In each of the following questions find which one word cannot be formed from the letters of the given words using each letter only once.
53) Pointing to Satish, Ashok said, ‘’He is the son of my sister’s only brother’’. How is satish related to Ashok?
d ) None of these
54) If DO is coded as 35 then DONE will be coded as
55) If in a certain code THRASH is coded as UGSZTG, then how will HEAD be coded in that code?
For more details regarding the RRB NTPC Exam, visit the official website.[fbcomments]