Directions (Q. 31-35) : In the following questions, some parts have been jumbled up. You are required to rearrange these parts, which are labeled P, Q, R and S, to produce the correct sentence.
31) Around the world, painful terminal disease/ (P), the question of human death/ (Q), people are wrestling with/ (R), especially in the face of/ (S)
a) R S Q P
b) P Q R S
c) R Q S P
d) P S Q R
32) The Government has assured the people that, in the Kargil operation/ (P), who have sacrificed their lives/ (Q), will be properly looked after/ (R), the families of all those soldiers/ (S).
a) P S R Q
b) S Q P R
c) S R Q P
d) S P R Q
33) Like most people, all of their behaviour/ (P), entrepreneurs are complex/ (Q), can explain/ (R), and no one theory/ (S)
a) Q P R S
b) R S Q P
c) Q S R P
d) R P Q S
34) If, no amount of experience could alter them/ (P), they could fixed at birth and/ (Q), completely dictated by heredity/ (R), personality characteristics were/ (S)
a) Q R S P
b) S P Q R
c) P R Q S
d) S Q R P
35) The unfortunate reality, as a result of this decline England is/ (P), peripheral sport in England and/ (Q), is cricket is today a/ (R), peripheral to World cricket/ (S)
a) S Q P R
b) R P Q S
c) S P Q R
d) R Q P S
Directions (Q. 36-40) : Pick out the most effective word from the given words to fill in the blanks to make the sentence meaningfully complete.
36)These medicines are _____ for curing cold.
37) It was ______ hot that day and the cable suffered the brunt of the heat.
38) The speaker did not properly use the time as he went on ____ on one point alone.
39) I will write a letter to you tentatively ____ the dates of the program.
40) His logic _____ everyone, including the experts.