Percentage Quantitative Aptitude – MCQ Questions Answers
1)Two numbers are respectively 20% and 50% more than the third number. What % is the first number of the second ?
2) 50% of a% of b is 75% of b% of c. Which of the following is c?
(a) 1.5a (b) 0.667a
(c) 0.5a (d) 1.25a
3) If 10% of an electricity bill is deducted, Rs 45 is still to be paid. How much was the bill ?
a) Rs 50
b) Rs 40
c) Rs 35
d) Rs 54
4) A reduction of 50 paisa per dozen in the price of eggs means that a dozen more eggs can be bought for Rs 78. Find the original price of eggs per dozen ?
a) Rs 5.00
b) Rs 4.00
c) Rs 6.00
d) Rs 6.50
5) Last year, the Indian cricket team played 40 one-day cricket matches out of which they managed to win only 40%. This year, so far it has played some matches, which has made it mandatory for it to win 80% of the remaining matches to maintain its existing winning percentage. Find the number of matches played by India so far this year.
(d) Insufficient Information
6) Water tax is increased by 20% but its consumption is decreased by 20%. Then, the increase or decrease in expenditure of the money is
a) No change
b) 5% decrease
c) 4% increase
d) 4% decrease
7) Raman salary was decreased by 50% and subsequently increased by 50%. He has a loss of
8) The price of rice falls by 20%. How much rice can be bought now with the money that was sufficient to buy 20 kg of rice previously?
(a) 5 kg
(b) 15 kg
(c) 25 kg
(d) 30 kg
9) A debtor can be pay 87 paisa in the rupee, but if his creditors would take 20% of his debts, he could pay them and have Rs 42 left. His debts and assests respectively are
a) Rs 600,522
b) Rs 500,521
c) Rs 400,520
10) Madan’s salary is 25% of Ram’s salary is 40% of Sudin’s salary. If the total salary of all the three for a month is Rs 12000.How much did Madan earn that month ?
a) Rs 800
b) Rs 8000
c) Rs 600
d) Rs 850
11) There are 600 boys in a hostel. Each plays either hockey or football or both. If 75% plays hockey and 45% play football, How many boys plays both ?
12) In the year 2000, the luxury car industry had two car manufacturers—Maruti and Honda with market shares of 25% and 75% respectively. In 2001, the overall market for the product increased by 50% and a new player BMW also entered the market and captured 15% of the market share. If we know that the market share of Maruti increased to 50% in the second year, the share of Honda in that year was:
13) The income of a broker remains unchanged though the rate of commission is increased from 4% to 5%. The percentage of slump in business is
14) A man earns x% on the first income of Rs 2000 and y% on the rest on his income. If he earns Rs 700 from Rs 4000 and Rs 900 from Rs 5000 of income, then x is
d) None of these
15) A cricket team won 40% of the total number of matches it played during a year. If it lost 50% of the matches played and 20 matches were drawn, the total number of matches played by the team during the year was