Physical Science MCQ Questions Answers Objective Sample Practice Set
1) Sound waves in air are
2) Sound produced at a point is heard by a person after 5 second, while the same sound is heard by another person after 6 seconds. If the speed of sound is 300 m/s, what could be the maximum and minimum distances between the two persons?
a) 1.8 km, 0.15 km
b) 2.2 km, 0.20 km
c) 2.8 km, 0.25 km
d) 3.3 km, 0.30 km
3) Planets are
a) luminous heavenly bodies revolving around a star
b) non-luminous heavenly bodies
c) luminous heavenly bodies that twinkle
d) luminous heavenly bodies that do not twinkle
4) Light from the Sun reaches us in nearly
a) 2 minutes
b) 4 minutes
c) 8 minutes
d) 16 minutes
5) Magnetism at the centre of a bar magnet is
d) minimum or maximum
6) If electrical conductivity increases with the increase of temperature of a substance, then it is a:
7) Which law is also called the law of inertia ?
a) Newton’s first law
b) Newton’s Second Law
c) Newton’s Third Law
d) All of these
8) Which one of the following has the highest value of specific heat ?
9) Which instrument is used to measure altitudes in aircraft’s ?
10) The absorption of ink by blotting paper involves
a)capillary action phenomenon
b)viscosity of ink
d)diffusion of ink through the blotting