1) For which one of the following is Sualkuchi famous?
a) Bird sanctuary
b) Temple city
c) Silk center
d) Hill station
2)With which one of the following mountain tribes did the British first come into contact with after the grant of Diwani in the year 1765?
3) Which one of the following India States does not share border with Bhutan?
c) Paschim Banga
d) Arunachal Pradesh
4) The largest population of Scheduled Tribes is in:
(a) Himachal Pradesh
(b) Madhya Pradesh
(c) Arunachal Pradesh
5) Which of the following is the main difference between the Western and Eastern Ghats?
(c) Proximity to the coast
6) Lakshadweep Islands are the product of:
(a) volcanic activity
(b) wave action
(c) sea-floor expansion
(d) reef formation
7) The Tropic of Cancer passes through:
(c) Uttar Pradesh
8) Shyok is a tributary of:
9) Which of the following is the longest river in India?
10) The soil formed by the deposition of silt brought by rivers is :
(a) alluvial soil
(b) red soil
(c) black soil
(d) pod soil
11) On the basis of the process of their formation, which’ of the following soils is formed differently from the other three?
12) Rainfall in India is not associated with:
13) The three major cereals in India under high yielding varieties in declining order are:
(a) wheat, paddy and coarse cereals
(b) barley, wheat and coarse cereals
(c) paddy, wheat and coarse cereals
(d) coarse cereals, paddy and wheat
14) The odd product out of the following is
(c) Caster seed
15) Which of the following is the oldest atomic power station?