Indian Economy MCQ Practice Set Questions Answers – Series 5
1)Which one of the following countries is not a member of ASEAN?
a) Brunei Darussalam
2) Who devised the ‘Human Development Index’?
a) Mahbubul Haq
b) Amartya Sen
c) Adam Smith
d) Paul Streeten
3) RBI is empowered to vary the CRR of commercial banks between
4) The objective of self-reliance and zero net foreign aid was declared in :
(a) Second 5-Yr Plan
(b) Third 5-Yr Plan
(c) Fourth 5-Yr Plan
(d) Fifth 5-Yr Plan
5) What is the main objective of Antyodaya program?
(a) Uplift the poor
(b) Uplift the urban poor
(c) Uplift the farmer
(d) Uplift the landless labour
6) Which of the following accounts for Cost-Push Inflation?
(a) Increase in money supply
(b) Increase in indirect taxation
(c) Increase in population
(d) Increase in non-plan expenditure
7) The best way, a bank can avoid loss is to :
(a) lend only to individuals known to the bank
(b) accept sound collateral
(c) give only short-term loans
(d) lend only to bank’s old customers
8) To prevent recurrence of scams in Indian Capital Market, the Government has assigned regulatory powers to
9) What is the animal on the insignia of the RBI?
10) Which of the following is the basis for determining the national income?
(a) Total revenue of the State
(b) Net profit earned and expenditure incurred by the State
(c) Production of goods and services
(d) All of the above
11) The basic attribute of a formal organization is :
(a) esteem and prestige
(b) roles and duties
(c) dominance and supremacy
(d) rules and regulations
12) Value-added tax is :
(a) an ad valorem tax on domestic final consumption collected at all stages between production and the point of final sale
(b) an ad valorem tax on final consumption collected at the manufacturing level
(c) tax on final consumption collected at the consumption stage
(d) a special tax levised by states on products from other states
13) Import substitution implies
(a) importing new items in place of old items of import
(b) gradual reduction of imported goods to save foreign exchange
(c) increasing domestic supply of goods by imposing import restrictions
(d) replacing import items by domestic production of such items
14) Highest milk producer in India is :
15) The area under cultivation is declining fast in the case of:
16) In Which of the following years, Indian switched over to decimal currencies?
17)Index ‘Residex ’is associated with
a) Share price
b) Mutual fund price
c) Price inflation index
d) Land price
18) Which State stands first in the length of roads in the country?
(b) Uttar Pradesh
(c) Madhya Pradesh
19) Which institution provides long run finance to industries?
(d) All of these
20) Which of the following schemes was intended to tap the black money?
(a) SBI Deposit Scheme
(b) UTI Bonds
(c) Long term Operations Scheme
(d) India Development Bonds