Indian Economy MCQ Practice Set Questions Answers – Series 4
1)The decadal growth in the population of Indian during 1991-2001 is closed to:
2) The least populated State in India is:
d) None of these
3)The main source of National Income in India is:
a) Service Sector
c) Industrial Sector
d) Trade Sector
4) India’s wage policy is based on :
(a) cost of living
(b) standard of living
(d) None of the above
5) The highest denomination of currency notes in circulation as legal tender in India is at present:
(a) Rs. 50
(c) Rs. 500
6) Who wrote a book describing the theory of economic drain of India during British rule?
a) Late Lajpat Rai
b) Mahatma Gandhi
c) Jawahar Lal Nehru
d) Dadabhai Naoroji
7) All of the following are subsidiaries of the State Bank of India, except:
(a) State Bank of Bikaner and Jaipur
(b) Central Bank of India
(c) State Bank of Hyderabad
(d) State Bank of Patiala
8) What is the animal on the insignia of the RBI ?
9) The existence of a Parallel Economy or Black Money:
(a) makes the economy more competitive
(b) makes the monetary policies less effective
(c) ensures a better distribution of income and wealth
(d) ensures increasing productive investment
10) The 2011 Census could be the:
a) 13th Census
b) 14th Census
c) 15th Census
d) 16th Census
11)The percentage of urban population to total population in India is:
12)What is the total population of India according to 2001 Census?
d) None of these
13) Which of the following is an indirect tax?
(a) Corporation Tax
(b) Excise Duty
(c) Wealth Tax
(d) Capital Gains Tax
14) India’s oldest iron and steel plant is :
(a) TISCO at Jamshedpur
(b) TISCO at Burnpur
(c) Durgapur Iron and Steel Plant
(d) Rourkela Iron and Steel Plant
15) Which one of the following pairs is not correctly matched?
(a) Hindalco Industries – Novelis
(b) Tata Steel – Corus Group
(c) Jet Airways – Air Sahara
(d) Kingfisher Airlines – MDLR Airlines
16) Human Development Index comprises literacy rates, life expectancey at birth and:
(a) gross domestic product per head in the US dollars
(b) gross domestic product per head at real purchasing power
(c) gross national product in US dollars
(d) national income per head in US dollars
17) Which one of the following is the correct sequence in the decreasing order of production (in million tonnes) of the given foodgrains in India?
(a) Wheat – Rice Pulses Coarse cereals
(b) Rice – Wheat cereals
(c) Wheat – Rice – Coarse cereals Pulses
(d) Rice – Wheat – Coarse cereals Pulses
18) What is the rank of Bihar inb view of population in India?
19) Which plan gave emphasis on removal of poverty for the first time?
20) When was the Jawahar Rojgar Yojana launched?