English Words Antonyms Questions Answers – MCQ Quiz
Directions: The following sentences consist of a word or a phrase which is written in bold letters. Each of them is followed by four words or phrases. Select the word or the phrase which is closest to the opposite in meaning of the bold word or phrase.
1)How dare you desecrate an idol of this temple.
2) A lady of a few words she is given to laconic answers.
3) They approached the stranger warily.
4) He glanced through the letter perfunctorily.
5) He produced cogent reasons for the change of policy.
6) There is not a trace of vanity in her behavior.
7) At his success in the examination he felt elated.
8) The minister was accused of indulging in nepotism.
9)Some of the needs of a modern man are surely dispensable.
10)Her dress was too slovenly for that kind of interview.
d) old fashioned
11)She was overstrung before the performance.
12) The booking-clerk looked very grumpy.
13) There are no permanent adversaries in politics.
14) The made a profligate use of scarce resources.
15) in facing adverse situations, he was very stoical.