Current Affairs October 2017 Short Notes Download PDF
31th October 2017 – Current Affairs Notes
- Indian Railways’ first set of Solar plants was installed on the rooftops of Hazrat Nizamuddin, New Delhi, Anand Vihar and Delhi railway stations. Piyush Goyal launched it.
- Sangam Dahiya of India has won a Silver in the International Shooting Sport Federation World Cup final in New Delhi.
- After a secret vote in Barcelona recently, the Spanish Government dismissed the Catalan President Carles Puigdemont and hi cabinet, hence declaring Catalonia independent from Spain.
- Indian Cricket Captain Virat Kohli became the 6th Indian and 19th batsman to reach the mark of 9000 ODI runs. He is the fastest batsman to get there.
- Kidambi Srikanth created history by becoming the first ever Indian Badminton Player to win the Men’s Singles title at the French Open, defeating Kenta Nishimoto of Japan in the finals.
- In order to educate the mass about the corruption related practices and reporting against them, the Central Vigilance Commission has decided to observe the Vigilance Awareness Week from 30th October to 4th November 2017.
30th October 2017 – Current Affairs Notes
- The report of Forbes Magazine affirmed that Amazon’s founder Jeff Bezos has become the richest person in the world surpassing Bill Gates.
- England became the champion of the FIFA U-17 World Cup for the first time, winning over Spain by 5-2. The finale was held in Kolkata.
- A team of Indo-German Geologists discovered an almost complete fossilized skeleton of a Maritime Reptile- ‘Fish Lizard’ that lived in the Jurassic Era, named Ichthyosaur, from the Kutch district of Gujarat in India.
- The 14th SAARC Law Conference was held in Colombo, Sri Lanka this year along with the 11th Chief Justices Conference.
- 37 years old Jacinda Ardern has become the Prime Minister of New Zealand. She is the youngest Prime Minister in the 150 years history of New Zealand.
- Infantry Day was celebrated by Indian Army on the 27th of October 2017, in honour of infantrymen who made sacrifice for India.
- The first nation to withdraw from the International Criminal Court (ICC- having the authority to prosecute individuals for the international crimes) is African country Burundi.
- Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh, Chandrababu Naidu was honoured with the ‘Golden Peacock’ award at the 17th London Global Convention for Global Leadership in Public Service and Economic Transformation.
29th October 2017 – Current Affairs Notes
- Saudi Arabia is the first country in the world to grant citizenship to a robot named Sophia at the Future Investment Initiative Summit 2017 in Riyadh.
- The 52 years old campaigner Gina Miller ranked top in U.K’s Powerlist 2018 as the most influential dark skinned person.
- In order to strengthen Maritime security, India and U.S ha decided to implement a programme for Helicopter Operations from Ships other than Aircraft Carriers (HOSTAC).
- Karnataka Cabinet approved a special policy to provide legal protection to the transgender community and integrate them into the mainstream society.
- Indian shooter Amanpreet Singh secured a Bronze in the finals of Men’s’ Pistol Shooting at the International Shooting Sport Federation World Cup -2017 final in Delhi.
- During the International Science Festival’s starting summit 2017 at Chennai, Entrepreneurship Development Institute of India (EDII) was awarded by AICTE for its contribution towards promoting Technology start-ups.
28th October 2017 – Current Affairs Notes
- A Bronze disc of 17.5cm in diameter was recovered by ‘Blue Water Recovery’ from the wreck of a sunken ship of Portuguese explorer Vasco da Gama in the Indian ocean which has been confirmed as the world’s oldest maritime navigation tool (Astrolabe).
- Pioneer of Rock ‘n’ Roll singing- Fats Domino passed away in New Orleans, U.S.A. He was the first Rock ‘n’ Roll musician to bag the National Medal for the Arts.
- China started up with the world’s first trackless train or ‘Smart train’ to ply on the virtual track at the speed of 70km per hour and called ‘Autonomous Rail Transit’.
- Madras High Court ordered a ban on the use of pictures of the ministers or politicians on the banners and hoardings of Tamil Nadu.
- Gaur Kishore Ganguli- the former freedom fighter cum lawyer left for his heavenly abode recently. He joined the Quit India Movement in 1942 at the age of 19 years and served in jail along with his father for the tenure of two and a half years.
- Globally 27th October was celebrated as the World’s Audiovisual Heritage day to raise awareness of the need to preserve and safeguard important audiovisual material for the generations ahead. (UNESCO approved this in 2005).
27th October 2017 – Current Affairs Notes
- The queen of ‘Thumri’ (semi-classical Indian music) and the recipient of Padma Shri, Padma Bhushan and Padma Vibhushan award – legendary Girija Devi (Appaji) passed away at the age of 88 years.
- On the opening day of ISSF World Cup Competitions, Jitu Rai and Heena Sidhu managed to bag their 3rd Gold together in the 10m Air pistol mixed team tournament. First time in the history, India is hosting the tournament.
- The European Open Trophy (Tennis) is won by India’s Divij Sharan and America’s Scott Lipsky in Belgium by defeating Santiago Gonzalez and Julio Peralta in the finals.
- Professors Salim Abdool Karim and Quarraisha Abdool Karim- Indian origin South African researchers received an award from Robert Gallo (discoverer of HIV as the reason of AIDS) on behalf of the Institute of HIV, United States, for their contributions in the fields of HIV / AIDS.
- Ministers of Power and Textiles have come up with an initiative – SAATHI which is Sustainable and Accelerated Adoption of Textile technologies to Help small Industries.
- In order to create awareness about the perils of arms race and the need of reducing weapons to save the world environment, DISARMAMENT WEEK is celebrated every year from 24th to 30th October since 1978 (founded by United Nations).
26th October 2017 – Current Affairs Notes
- ‘Paika Bidroha’ of 1817 breaking out across Odisha against the British East India Company will be included in the history textbooks from the next academic session as ‘The first War of Independence’. Union Human Resource Development Prakash Javadekar declared it.
- Forming the biggest human logo comprising young voters in the state of Meghalaya under the special drive called MISSION UNITE to enroll young and left out voters of the state- Meghalaya Election Department has entered in the Limca Book of Records.
- Alok Kumar Pateria- 1986 batch IPS officer of the Madhya Pradesh cadre is appointed as the new Additional Director General (ADG) of the Central Industrial Security Force (CISF).
- Junior Table Tennis Player Manav Thakkar has become the first Indian to get the top position in the ITTF World Junior Circuit Standings.
- Indian Naval Ship ‘Sukanya’ participated in the 30th edition of coordinated patrol (CORPAT) and 3rd Bilateral exercise between Indian Navy and the Indonesian Navy at Belawan in Indonesia. It will continue from 24th of October to 5th November 2017.
- India gifted a memorabilia of Bangladesh Liberation War 1971 (that India fought hand in hand with Bangladesh to drive out the Pakistani militants from Bangladesh) to their Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina which includes military equipments used during the war, artefacts and documents.
25th October 2017 – Current Affairs Notes
- Defence Minister Ms. Nirmala Sitharaman joined the ASEAN Defence Ministers’ meeting in Philippines to discuss ways to enhance defence and security co-operation among its member nations.
- The Real Madrid footballer Cristiano Ronaldo was crowned as FIFA’s best player 2017 award in London. He came in same rank with Lionel Messi to become a 5-times winner of the best player award.
- India’s first Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Kendra managed by Orion Edutech was inaugurated at Mandir Marg in New Delhi, in collaboration with New Delhi Municipal Council.
- Women Boxers from India bagged 8 medals ( 4 gold) in the ‘Balkan’ International Boxing Championship at Sofia.
- Robert Mugabe- the Zimbabwean President has been removed from the goodwill ambassador of World Health Organisation for destroying Zimbabwe’s economy and human rights abuses during his leadership of 37 years.
- United Nations Day is observed globally on 24th October 2017 (since 1948), marking the 72nd anniversary of the UN Charter’s entry into the force.
24th October 2017 – Current Affairs Notes
- Indian shuttler Kidambi Srikanth has won the Denmark Open Super Series Trophy at Odense, Denmark beating South Korea’s Lee Hyun-il. Recently (June 2017) he won the Australian Open Super Series title too.
- With an intention to make India open defecation free by 2nd October 2019, the ministry of drinking water and sanitation has asked each state to name the toilets in rural households as ‘Izzat ghar’ (house of dignity).
- 1984 batch Gujarat cadre IPS officer Rakesh Asthana has been appointed by the Cabinet committee for the post of CBI Special Director.
- Indian Foreign Service officer and former Deputy Chief of Mission of Indian Embassy in Saudi Arabia- Sibi George has become the ambassador of India to Switzerland.
- Macau Open Golf title 2017 is bagged by Gaganjeet Bhullar of India for the second time ( first time in 2012). It is his eighth Asian Tour title.
- Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe has been re-elected for the same post, securing two-thirds majority in the lower house of Parliament.
23th October 2017 – Current Affairs Notes
- The President of the African Dev Bank (AfDB)- Dr. Akinwumi Ayodeji will be bestowed with the 2017 World Food Prize Laureate for inspiring young people and promoting food security.
- Mohit Dudeja and Kiran from India, clinched a silver and a bronze medal respectively at the Worldskills Competition 2017 in Abu Dhabi, UAE.
- Indian Hockey Team bagged the Asia cup 2017 beating Malaysia by 2-1 goals. Throughout the tournament Indian Hockey team remained unbeaten.
- To mark the 220th anniversary of the World’s oldest commissioned warship named “USS Constitution” ( named by President George Washington) as well as U.S Navy’s 242nd birthday, the ship sailed again on October 20th, 2017.
- Lebanon Parliament approved a budget for the first time in 12 years (since 2005) as the killing of famous Rafik Hariri led into a huge turmoil in the state.
- Union Minister for Petroleum and Natural Gas- Dharmendra Pradhan inaugurated Odisha’s first Piped Natural Gas (PNG) Project in Bhubaneswar.
- Popular playback singers Alka Yagnik and Udit Narayan are to be offered with the Madhya Pradesh State’s most prestigious National Lata Mangeshkar award.
22th October 2017 – Current Affairs Notes
- Environmental Scientist Hans Joachim Schellnhuber received the world’s most prestigious award- ‘Blue Planet Prize’ for pioneering in Environmental Science and discovering new fields in it.
- Indian Cricket team coach Ravi Shastri is the world’s highest paid Cricket coach who earns 1.17 million dollars per year.
- The Ministry of Economy, Trade & Industry of Japan and the Asia Pacific Energy Research Center organised LNG Producer-Consumer Conference 2017 in Tokyo where a delegation led by Petroleum and Natural Gas Minister Dharmendra Pradhan participated.
- Govardhan Eco Village of Maharashtra built by ISKCON has recently won the ‘Green Platinum Award’ by the Indian Green Building Council.
- The Police Commemoration Day got observed on 21st October 2017, in the presence of Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh, in remembrance of the sacrifices laid by 10 Indian policemen while defending our borders with China in 1959.
- World’s first floating farm in Scotland has started generating electricity.
- Sunny Verghese- the co-founder and CEO of Singapore based Olam International has been appointed as the new chairman of The World Business Council for Sustainable Development. He is the first ever CEO to be appointed in WBC.
21th October 2017 – Current Affairs Notes
- Arunachal Pradesh State Assembly passed Arunachal Pradesh Amendment Bill 2017 to create a new district named ‘Kamle’.
- During 8th IBSA Trilateral Ministerial Commission Meeting in Durban, South Africa three countries India, Brazil and South Africa signed the IBSA Trust Fund Agreement to combat poverty in developing countries.
- Manika Jain- an officer in Indian Foreign Service (IFS) is appointed as the Ambassador of India to the kingdom of Cambodia. Presently she serves as the Consul General of India, Melbourne.
- Veteran Writer and lyricist Javed Akhtar is to be honoured with the Hridaynath Mangeshkar Award on 26th of October 2017.
- Eminent American Chess Grandmaster, Chess writer teacher cum Catholic priest- William James Joseph Lombardy passed away at the age of 79.
- In order to eradicate human error and enhance Malaria diagnosis in remote areas, Indian researchers have developed a mobile phone with a paper microscope that can detect the presence of Malarial Parasites in the blood within a few seconds.
- On October 19th 2017, the batch of Rashtriya Rifles of the Indian Army organized ‘Jashn-e-Breng’ festival in Anantnag to promote peace and brotherhood between security forces and local population.
20th October 2017 – Current Affairs Notes
- ‘Bhavantar Bhugtan Yojna’ has been launched by Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chauhan to ensure reasonable prices to the farmers for their agricultural products therefore protecting them from loss.
- On 18th October 2017 Gandhi Museum was inaugurated on a piece of land at Durban in South Africa which was once owned by Mahatma Gandhi himself.
- Odisha Government has launched a data portal : www.odisha.data.gov.in to share important and relevant data with the commoners.
- In the ACI-ASQ survey based on the highest number of customer satisfaction rate it is unveiled that Jaipur is the best airport in the world. Srinagar holds the second place in this respect.
- Naresh Kumar Gupta was appointed as the ‘Lokayukta’ in the state of Madhya Pradesh.
- Swaraj Lord Paul- the famous NRI industrialist cum chairman of The Caparo Group has been honoured with the Lifetime Achievement Award for his outstanding contribution in the field of manufacturing, education and philanthropy.
19th October 2017 – Current Affairs Notes
- Selena Selvakumar – a 17 years old girl from India won 3 Gold medals ( Girls’ singles and doubles gold medal and team championship gold ) in Egypt Junior and Cadet Table Tennis Open 2017.
- The Union Ministry of Women and Child Development (WCD) has started an online campaign ‘# I am that woman’ aiming to emphasise on the aspects of women standing ‘by’ and ‘for’ women.
- October 17, 2017 was observed as the International Day for the Eradication of Poverty. This particular day was chosen because on this very day in 1987, UDHR was signed in Paris to honour the victims of tremendous poverty, violence and hunger.
- Veteran British actor, Roy Dotrice who holds the Guinness World Record for the most character voiced by a single actor in an audio book, died at the age of 94.
- In a survey conducted by Cohn and Wolfe named ‘Authentic Brand Study’, it was revealed that the Indian consumers regard Google as the most authentic brand.
- Birsa Munda Tribal University was inaugurated by Gujarat state Tribal and Welfare minister Shabdasaran Tadvi at Rajpipla in the Narmada district of Gujarat.
18th October 2017 – Current Affairs Notes
- World’s first ‘Negative emissions’ power plant started operating in Iceland that diminishes more carbon dioxide than it produces.
- Kabita Debi- former competitive power lifter and gold medal winner at South Asian Games 2016 has become the first Indian woman to be signed by WWE.
- The U.S author George Saunders has won the Man Booker Prize 2017 for his novel , ‘Lincoln in the Bardo’. His other literary work include- ‘In Persuasion Nation’, ‘Saunders’s Tenth of December’ etc.
- For the first time a roadmap has been set on ‘One Health Approach’ to combat animal Tuberculosis (Bovine TB) and its transmission to humans (Zoonotic TB).
- In order to give Indo-Russian defence cooperation a major boost, the first ever Tri-Services Joint Exercise, Indra-2017 between Indian and Russian armed forces will be conducted in Russia from 19th to 29th October 2017.
- India’s first Olympic swimmer Shamsher Khan who represented India in Melbourne Olympics (1956), passed away suffering from prolonged illness.
17th October 2017 – Current Affairs Notes
- 16th October 2017 was observed as the World Food Day, promoting worldwide awareness regarding hunger and taking solid action to eradicate the suffering related to hunger and ensure food to all.
- The Government of India has started with ‘Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchai Yojana’ in order to create irrigation sources by saving rainwater and come up with a stable solution for drought.
- Australian cricketer Josh Dunstan broke the record of veteran cricketer Vivian Richards by smashing a whirlwind triple hundred and scoring almost 87% of his total team score.
- To promote eco-friendly travel in the city, Chennai Metro Rail (CMRL) has come up with a free bicycle ride scheme for its customers.
- Eminent Carnatic vocalist T.M Krishna has won the 30th Indira Gandhi Award for promoting and preserving National Integration.
- Rajasthan Assembly Speaker Kailash Meghwal inaugurated the online system to call attention and motions as well as receive proposals from legislators. It is the first state in India to come up with this online system.
- Roger Federer won the Shanghai Masters Tennis Tournament, beating Rafael Nadal. This is Federer’s 94th career title.
16th October 2017 – Current Affairs Notes
- The International Day for Rural Women was observed on 15th October 2017 like every year since 2008 to appreciate their work in the field of Food Production and Food Security.
- In order to regenerate the emotions attached to puppetry, Kolkata will host ‘PUN (Puppets unite Neighbours) International Puppet Festival’, starting on 26th October 2017.
- The name of Mughal Sarai Station has been changed to Pandit Deendayal Upadhyay Junction by the Govt.
- 17th October 2017, on the occasion of World Ayurveda day, Prime Minister Modi declared the establishment of the first ever All India Institute of Ayurveda along with the lines of AIIMS.
- A new Guinness World Record got created on the second day of the India International Science Festival (IISF) in Chennai when 1049 students joined in the largest Biology class taken by Ms. Lakshmi Prabhu.
- Audrey Azoulay- former French Culture Minister was elected as the new Director General of UNESCO.
- Princess Reema Bandar Bin Sultan has become the first woman to lead the Saudi Arabia Multi-Sports Federation which covers sporting activities of both men and women.
15th October 2017 – Current Affairs Notes
- International Day for Disaster Reduction was held on 13th October 2017 like every year since 1989 to promote a global culture of risk-awareness and disaster reduction.
- M.K.Sanu- the famous critic, biographer and orator was selected for the MATRIBHUMI LITERARY AWARD for his contribution to Malayalam literature.
- Esther Staubli of Switzerland is to become the first ever female referee for a match in the FIFA Under-17 World Cup.
- The Minister of State for Culture- Dr. Mahesh Dharma inaugurated ‘DEEP DHAROHAR’ festival by lighting 1000 diyas. He also published a book called ‘Living traditions, tribal and folk paintings of India’ under the matrix of ‘Ek Bharat Shrestha Bharat.’
- The External Affairs Ministry of India appointed Gautam Bambawale as India’s envoy to China. Previously he was India’s High Commissioner of Pakistan.
- Satish Chandra- one of India’s eminent Historian and author of NCERT’s popular history book ‘History of Medieval India’, passed away on 13th October 2017. His important works include Mughal Empire and its downfall.
- The Minister of Communication-Manoj Sinha launched SAMPOORN BIMA GRAM YOJANA which will now cover the professionals apart from the government employees.
14th October 2017 – Current Affairs Notes
- The Indian Air Force has launched a mobile health app named ‘MEDWATCH’ on its 85th anniversary, which has a loads of features to provide authentic health information to all the IAF personnel on AFCEL network. This will enable ‘Mission Indradhanush of the Govt. of India.
- India’s first sewage treatment plants under the Hybrid Annuity Mode will be built at Haridwar and Varanasi by Uttarakhand Pey Jal Nigam and Uttar Pradesh Jal Nigam in collaboration with National Mission for Clean Ganga.
- India’s first rail coach manufacturing company- Bharat Earth Movers Limited (BEML) under the ministry of Defence participated in the International Railway Equipment Exhibition (IREE) 2017 from 11th to 13th of October at Pragati Maidan. It is the nation’s largest international event of the railway sector.
- Dharmendra Pradhan-the Minister of Petroleum and Natural Gas declared the formation of internal ‘Think-tank’, aiming to advise on technology and build a successful gas network in India.
- Minister of Food Processing declared that total 42 sanctioned mega food parks will be raised under the SAMPADA scheme of Indian Govt. to increase the processing level.
- ‘Sankalp Seva’ bus service has been started at Lucknow in Uttar Pradesh with Yogi Adityanath flagging off 50 buses to connect 6,000 villages.
- India got 100th position among 119 countries on Global Hunger Index in 2017, slipping by 3 positions as compared to the 97th rank in 2016.
13th October 2017 – Current Affairs Notes
- The Chief Minister of Maharashtra Devendra Fadnavis launched ‘MAHALABHARTHI’ web portal (www.mahalabharthi.in ) that will allow people to gather information about the Govt. welfare schemes that they are eligible for.
- Padma Shri and Padma Bhushan award winner actor Anupam Kher was appointed as the Chairman of Film and Television Institute of India (FTII) Pune by the Government, replacing Gajendra Chauhan.
- As per the report published in the e-book “The India Pharma and Biotech Industry”, India is ranked as the second largest global market for Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnological workforce.
- Surat Municipal Corporation has become the first civic body in India to carry out a scientific study of Tapi riverbed and its banks to find out potable water.
- The committee on Economic Affairs have approved the two new World Bank supported schemes- SANKALP ( skill acquisition and knowledge awareness for livelihood promotion) and STRIVE ( skill strengthening for industrial value enhancement) to boost vocational education and training.
- RMV Gurusaidutt- the Bronze medalist at the Commonwealth games, clinched the men’s singles title at the Bulgarian International Future Series Badminton Tournament, defeating Md. Ali Kurt of Turkey.
- Rajnath Singh inaugurated the new headquarters of National Investigation Agency (NIA) – India’s federal anti-terrorism probe agency (set up in 2009) in New Delhi.
12th October 2017 – Current Affairs Notes
- “Jeevamrutham” – Mata Amritanandamayi Math Project has been launched by president Ram Nath Kovind to provide filtration system for cleaning drinking water to 5000 villages in India.
- World Mental Health Day got observed on 10th October 2017 like every year to raise awareness regarding mental health related issues. The theme of 2017 world mental health day is ‘Mental Health in the workplace‘.
- Rajasthan became the first state of India to start with skill development programme in higher education in collaboration with IGNOU.
- The prestigious ‘Lal Bahadur Shastri Award’ 2017 has been offered to Dr. Bindeshwar Pathak by President Ram Nath Kovind for excellence in Public Administration, Academics and Management.
- Jagdish Mukhi- the former lieutenant governor of Andaman and Nicobar islands, took oath as the new governor of Assam.
- October 11 is celebrated as the International day of the girl child since 2012. This year’s theme is ‘The power of the adolescent girl : vision for 2030’
11th October 2017 – Current Affairs Notes
- American economist cum professor Richard H. Thaler has won the 2017 Nobel Prize in Economics for his contribution to Behavioural Economics.
- Rafael Nadal of Spain won the China open Tennis Championship title defeating Nick Kyrgios of Australia.
- To provide electricity to the remote areas in Uttarakhand, the State Govt. of Uttarakhand and a charitable trust named Swan Cultural Center and Foundation launched ‘SOLAR BRIEFCASE’ in Kedarnath Dham.
- Jeakson Singh- a 16 year old Manipuri boy created history by scoring India’s first goal in the Under-17 FIFA World Cup.
- President Ram Nath Kovind inaugurated India Water Week 2017 on October 10, 2017 in New Delhi.
- At the World Archery Youth Championship in Rosario the mixed pair of Jenson Ningthajam and Ankita Bhakat bagged the recurve team gold medal. It’s India’s first world title at the youth championships.
10th October 2017 – Current Affairs Notes
- ‘Beti Bachao Beti Padhao’ week is being celebrated from 9th to 14th October 2017 by the Ministry of Women and Child Development in view of the International Girl Child Day on 11th October 2017.
- Eminent journalist, socialist and the president of Odisha Small and Medium Newspaper Organization- Mr. Bismoy Kumar Mohanty breathed his last on 08.10.17.
- The government of India is to observe ‘ Vachan Prerna Divas’ on 15th of October this year to mark the birth anniversary of former president Dr. A.P.J Abdul Kalam.
- India celebrated the 85th Air Force Day on 8th October 2017 to mark the establishment of Indian Air force in 1932.
- October 9th 2017 was celebrated as the World Post day to mark the anniversary of Universal Postal Union in 1874.
- Anupama Ramachandran from India bagged the title of World Open Under-16 Snooker Championship at Petersburg in Russia, beating Keerthana Pandian by 3-1.
- ‘Mission Indradhanush‘ has been launched by Prime Minster Narendra Modi to cover every child below 2yrs of age and every pregnant woman under the routine immunisation program.
9th October 2017 – Current Affairs Notes
- The setting up of India’s first ‘ Marine Police Training Institute’ at Dwarka district of Gujrat was announced by Prime Minister Modi.
- The first ever test for detecting the Zika virus in donated blood has been approved by the U.S Food and Drug Administration. This virus is primarily transmitted by Aedes aegypti mosquitoes.
- According to the report of the Tiger Conservation Authority, Madhya Pradesh-the ‘tiger state’ of India has lost 17 tigers this year. This state has total 6 tiger reserve forests- Kanha, Panna, Bandhavgarh, Pench, Satpura and Sanjay.
- Initiatives are being taken by Bangalore International Airport Limited to make Kempegowda International Airport as India’s first smart airport to have complete Aadhaar enabled entry and biometric boarding system.
- ‘Cross of the order of merit’ or ‘ Federal Cross merit’- the highest civilian honour of Germany given for achievements in the economic, social, political or intellectual spheres, has been bestowed upon Rajesh Nath – the Managing Director of VDMA, India.
- On 6th October 2017, the 22nd meeting of Good and Services Tax (GST) Council was held in New Delhi, where Finance Minister Arun Jaitley acted as the chairman.
8th October 2017 – Current Affairs Notes
- International Campaign to Abolish Nuclear Weapons (ICAN) got Nobel Peace prize of 2017 for its long campaign to get rid of atomic bomb.
- The much awaited FIFA Under-17 World cup tournament started from 07.10.17. This is the first FIFA tournament hosted by India.
- Under the’ Ek Bharat, Shrestha Bharat’ programme, a MoU was signed by Uttar Pradesh, Arunachal Pradesh and Meghalaya to enhance cultural relationship between these 3 states.
- The first ever ASEAN-India Music festival in collaboration with the Ministry of Culture and Seher, is being celebrated (6th October to 8th October) at Purana Quila in Delhi to mark the 25th anniversary of ASEAN-India Dialogue relation.
- The ‘ Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsav 2017’ will be held in India’s first world heritage city i.e Ahmedabad, Gujrat from 7th to 9th October 2017.
- J.P.Singh- the follower of Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced the building of a temple in honour of PM Modi in Meerut, Uttar Pradesh. The temple will have a 100ft statue of Modi in it.
- The 14th India-European Union Summit 2017 was held in New Delhi to boost the overall ties between India and the 28-nation bloc.
7th October 2017 – Current Affairs Notes
- Ganga Prasad- former member of the legislative council in Bihar has been appointed as the 17th Governor of Meghalaya.
- British Writer Kazno Ishiguro won the 2017 Nobel prize in Literature. Few of his famous works include ‘Never let me go’, ‘The Buried Giant’, ‘The remains of the day’ etc.
- Mr. Banwarilal Purohit took his oath as the Governor of Tamil Nadu. He acted as the Governor of Assam previously.
- Recent survey has revealed that the highest number of Clouded Leopards of Southeast Asia can be found in Mizoram’s Dampa Tiger Reserve.
- In Order to explore the possibility of using geopatial technology to put a stop to illegal trade of natural resources, ISRO is about to set up a research centre in Guwahati. It is also going to carry out survey of the depth of Brahmaputra.
- For the conservation of the Himalayan ecosystem, the centre has launched the ‘SECURE’ Himalayas project. It will protect the snow leopards, other endangered species and their habitats.
- The London based organisation ‘RAW in WAR’ will posthumously confer the ‘Anna Politkovskaya Award’ to the late activist cum journalist Gauri Lankesh. She’ll be the 1st Indian to receive this honour.
6th October 2017 – Current Affairs Notes
- World Space week is being observed worldwide from 4th to 10th October 2017 to mark two big events, first on October 4, 1957 launching of Sputnik 1 and the second on October 10, 1967 the signing of The Outer Space Treaty.
- The One Planet Academy- first environment education portal got launched by WWF-India in partnership with Capgemini for students and teachers in India.
- A Turtle Sanctuary along with river bio diversity park at Sangram in Allahabad is built under Namami Gange Programme for the protection of rich aquatic biodiversity of river Ganga from escalating anthropogenic pressures.
- The 8th conference of the Association of SAARC speakers and Parliamentarians lead by Sumitra Mahajan is being held in Colombo.
- CRPF constable cum Rohtak player Puja Kadian created history by becoming first Indian Wushu player to win a gold medal in the World Championships in Kazan, Russia.
- The only literary festival named after an individual- the 6th Khuswant Singh Literary festival will be held at Kasauli in Himachal Pradesh from October 6th to 8th 2017.
- In the annual Indian Rich List 2017 of Forbes Magazine, Mukesh Ambani topped for the 10th consecutive years with a net worth of USD 38 billion.
5th October 2017 – Current Affairs Notes
- The 2017 Nobel Prize for Chemistry is won by the Swiss researcher Jacqueo Dubochet and two Americans Richard Henderson, Joachim Frank for developing cryo-electron microscopy which will improve the imaging of biomolecules.
- The ‘Freedom of Oxford’ honour given to Myanmar leader Anug San Suu Kyi by the city of Oxford in 1997 for her long struggle for democracy in Myanmar, has been withdrawn in protest of her inadequate response to the terrible plight of the Rohingya Muslims in the country.
- Satyapal Malik- former lawmaker and BJP’s National Vice-president took oath as the Governor of Bihar.
- Dr. Soumya Swaminathan- a Pediatrician and director general of Indian Council of Medical Research has been appointed the Deputy Director General for Programme (DDP) of World Health Organisation.
- Claire Polosak will become the first woman to make her umpiring debut in the first class Men’s domestic one-day cricket match (JLT Cup) between New South Wales and Cricket Australia XI.
- Rajnish Kumar has been appointed as the next chairman of State Bank of India after term end of Arundhati Bhattacharya.
4th October 2017 – Current Affairs Notes
- Prajapati Trivedi-the fellow and professor of Indian School of Business has become the 1st Indian to be elected as Fellow to National Academy of Public Administration (NAPA) in US. It is considered to be the highest International recognition in the field of Public Administration.
- Rangana Herath of Sri Lanka became the 1st left arm spinner and 14th bowler of World Cricket to bag 400 nos. of wickets in Test Cricket.
- India announced to launch a tiger count with the help of neighbouring country Nepal to check and reserve the remaining number of tigers.
- A 5-member commission headed by Delhi High Court’s former chief justice G.Roshini has been appointed by President Kovind to examine sub-categorisation of OBC. It is to see that the neediest section of OBC STU get benefits of reservation.
- According to reports India is the fastest growing oil market in Asia, surpassing China with fuel consumption rising 6% in 2018.
- For the 1st time, recognising the concern to the impacts of climate change on wildlife, a 12 members committee chaired by J.C.Kala has been appointed in the 3rd National Wildlife Action Plan for Wild life conservation.
- Bhopal is set to become the first state capital to start with an exclusive toilet for the transgender community. This restroom will be located in Mangalwada and have 3 signs on display – Male, Female and Transgender.
3rd October 2017 – Current Affairs Notes
- U.S born 3 scientists-Jeffrey Hall, Michael Roshbash and Michael Young won the 2017 Nobel prize for Physiology or Medicine. They discovered the Molecular mechanisms controlling over our biological clocks.
- On the event of 148th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi, a 1.8mt tall bronze statue of Bapu was unveiled at Rajghat by vice president M.Venkaiya Naidu.
- The union cabinet minister approved bilateral MoU between India and Afghanistan on Technical Cooperation on Police Training and Development for the period of 5 yrs.
- Shirdi International Airport was inaugurated in the famous temple-town by President Ram Nath Kovind.
- India gets its first consignment of 1.6 million barrels of Crude oil from the United States on Monday. It is a step towards mitigating risks and geographical disruptions in the supply of energy.
- The Ministry of Justice and Empowerment launched DIVYANG SARATHI mobile application for easy dissemination of information to ‘Divyangjans’.