26th June 2017:
- India Portugal International StartUp Hub (IPISH) was launched by Prime Minister Modi and Prime Minister Costa recently in Lisbon. It has been initiated by Startup India and supported by Commerce & Industry Ministry and Startup Portugal.
- The HRD ministry has constituted K Kasturirangan Panel to frame a new National Education Policy (NEP). In 205, Government had set up a TSR Subramanian committee for Education policy framing.
- West Bengal government received the prestigious UN Public Service Award for its initiative Kanyashree Prakalpa. Cash was deposited into the bank account of girls for every year they remained in school and were unmarried. Award is conferred on UN Public Service Day, commemorated on June 23.
- NASA is launching a sounding rocket CHESS. The Colorado High-resolution Echelle Stellar Spectrograph will study vast interstellar clouds and know about the earliest stages of star formation, It will provide information to understand lifecycle of stars.
- International Day against Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking 2017 was observed on 26th June.
24th June 2017:
- City Liveability Index has been launched by Ministry of Urban Development, Govt of India for measuring the quality of life in 116 major cities. First kind of Index to be introduced in the country. 79 set of parameters will be measured to capture the extent and quality of infrastructure including availability of roads, education and health care, mobility etc.
- MERIT (Merit Order Despatch of Electricity for Rejuvenation of Income and Transparency), an web portal was recently launched by the Ministry of Power, Govt of India. It will display extensive array of information regarding Electricity procured by States.
23rd June 2017:
- National Intelligence Grid or NATGRID can now use PAN card data and Income Tax department’s records on individual taxpayers to keep track of security-related data. NATGRID and the I-T department will hopefully sign an agreement to operationalize the data sharing arrangement. NATGRID was set up after post Mumbai 26/11 attack to counter as counter terrorism program.
- VAJRA (Visiting Advanced Joint Research) Faculty scheme launched by Department of Science and Technology has launched on Pravasi Bharatiya Divas Convention. NRIs and overseas scientific community will be able to participate and contribute to research and development in India. The scheme will be implemented by Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB) which is a Statutory body.
- Ministry of Earth Sciences, Govt of India will draft the law dedicated to Antarctica to ensure in the interests of all mankind so that Antarctica can be seen and used as peaceful purposes. India is expected to have a clear policy on the consequences of its activities in the region. Maitri project is being rebuild by Government of India so that it can last for at least 30 years. Dakshin Gangotri was the first Indian base for Antarctica.
- Cartosat-2 series satellites launched by ISRO from Sriharikota, AP. It will be extensively used for Defence forces. 30 other satellites were also launched. Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle PSLV-C38 launched the 712 kg Cartosat-2 series satellite. It is a remote sensing satellite and high-resolution scene specific spot imagery can be obtained from this satellite.
- CSIR Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology CCMB in Hyderabad was chosen for hosting Atal Incubation Centre for biotechnology start-ups by NITI Aayog. Promising start-ups will be identified and facilities will be created for them to succeed in the field of biotechnology.
22nd June 2017:
- Slum Daud 2nd Edition has been launched which is a part of Adopt Slum Campaign. The Slum Daud campaign is an initiative of Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports and Nehru Yuva Kendra Sangathan (NYKV).
- Mohammed bin Salman, son of Saudi Arabia’s King has been appointed as crown prince of the country by the King. Age of Prince Salman is 31 years. It was majority decision of 31 of 34 members of the kingdom’s allegiance council.
- Indian Railways is going to launch Operation Swarn (Gold) to revamp premium trains like Rajdhani, Shatabdi. Complaints from passengers regarding sanitation, food quality and delay in train arrivals have persuaded Indian Railway to launch this kind of operation. Initially, Mumbai-Delhi Rajdhani Express and Mumbai-Ahmedabad Shatabdi Express will be upgraded as per the operation and then more trains will be identified for revamping. The program is mainly for improving key factors like toilets, punctuality, cleanliness, linen, coach interiors etc.
- Imaging X-ray Polarimetry Explorer (IXPE) mission will be launched by NASA and Italian Space Agency. Many important clues about the origins of cosmic X-rays, their interactions with matter and gravity can be found through this mission. It is expected to be launched in 2020.
- World’s first train that runs on virtual tracks has been launched by China. The train runs on rubber tyres whereas normal train uses Railway Tracks. Maximum speed of the train is 70 km/hour as claimed by China.
- Roll Out Solar Array (ROSA) by NASA made its debut on ISS or International Space Station today. ROSA can power an advanced solar electric propulsion spacecraft. It can find application in NASA’S Asteroid Redirect Mission. It will help astronauts to test durability of technology while on deep-space missions.
Pages 1 2[fbcomments]