WBSSC Krishi Prayukti Sahayak (KPS) Model Question Paper Download Sample Practice Set
Directions: Pick out the most effective word from the given words to fill in the blanks to make the sentence meaningfully complete.
1) Ajay was ______ with a serious crime.
2) This book is a useful ______ to our library.
3) The teacher ordered Kamal to leave the room and ______ him to return.
Directions: in the following sentences a word or phrase is written in bold. For each bold part four words/phrases are listed below each sentence. Choose the word nearest in meaning to bold part.
4) The early monsoon have brought respite to the people.
b) inspite of
c) interval of relief
5) She is not seen even smiling these days, she is rather pensive.
6) Temperance in eating is conductive to health.
Directions: The following sentences consist of a word or a phrase which is written in bold letters. Each of them is followed by four words or phrases. Select the word or the phrase which is closest to the opposite in meaning of the bold word or phrase.
7) The made a profligate use of scarce resources.
8) Modesty is a virtue but it must not be allowed to be exploited.
Directions: Each the following main words are followed by four words. Select the word that is further (opposite) in meaning to the main word.
11) Miss Pillai teacher very well, isn’t it ?
a) didn’t she
b) doesn’t she
c) wasn’t it
d) no improvement
12) I think myself there is a third dimension which science has added to modern war.
a) I myself think
b) to myself I think
d) I to myself think
d) no improvement
13) He goes to cinema every Sunday.
a) a cinema
b) in cinema
c) to the cinema
d) no improvement
Directions: In each of the following questions, choose the correctly spelt word.
14) a) Seige
15) a) Knack
16) a) Weighty
17) Mohan is the one (a)/ who always finds (b)/ fault with whatever Ram does.(c)/ No error (d)
Directions: four alternatives a,b,c and d given under each sentence, you are required to select most suitable alternative to fill in the blank/blanks in the sentence to make it meaningful.
18) In order to maintain good health one should eat a……diet.
19) Your case is so unique that am not getting any……. To support it.
20) Only …. People are ….. after death.
a) vicious; condemned
b) virile; forgotten
c) virtuous; remembered
d) virulent; glorified
21) Ball pen function on which one of the following principal ?
a) Boyle’s law
b) Gravitational force
c) surface tension
22) Night blindness results from the deficiency of
b) Vitamin E
c) Vitamin B2
d) Vitamin A
23) The most densely populated state in India is:
b) Uttar Pradesh
c) West Bengal
d) Tamil Nadu
24) Which of the following crops are grown mainly in the irrigated areas during Zaid ?
(a) Arhar and Gram
(b) Moong and Urad
(c) Riceand Millets
(d) Maize and Groundnut
25) The ore of Aluminium is:
26) Who established Shanti Niketan ?
a) Jawahar Lal Nehru
b) Bal Gangadhar Tilak
c) Rabindra Nath Tagore
d) Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi
27) The Sikh Guru executed by Aurangzeb after cruel torture was
(a) Har Rai
(b) Har Krishan
(d) Tegh Bahadur
28) Who had got the Konark Sun Temple constructed?
(c) Narasimha Deva II
(d) Rajendra Chola
29) The father of modern chemistry is—
30) Which has maximum calorific value—
d) Amino acid
31) Embroyo is found in—
32) The science related with the study of living—
33) What is the maximum number of different electrical combination possible with three equal resistances?
34) Compton effect is associated with
a) positive rays
35) Which provision of the Fundamental Right is directly related to the exploitation of children?
a) Article 17
b) Article 19
c) Article 23
d) Article 24
36) How many Articles are there in the Indian Constitution ?
37) Nationalization of banks was done with the purpose of:
(a) financing the industries
(b) improving credit facilities
(c) consolidating the economy
(d) improving security of deposits
38) Chambal river is a part of
a) Sabarmati basin
b) Ganga basin
c) Narmada basin
d) Godavari basin
39) Which of the following organization is the oldest ?
40) Alma Ata is the capital of
41) The average of two numbers is M. If one number is N, then the other number is
c) M – N
d) 2 M – N
42) ) The product of two numbers is 12960 and their HCF is 36. How many pairs of such numbers can be formed?
Directions : Find the missing term in each of the following series.
43) 1220, 244, …, 9.76, 1.952
(e) None of the above
44) Find the sum of the face values of 9 and 6 in 907364.
45) Raman salary was decreased by 50% and subsequently increased by 50%. He has a loss of
46) An article when sold at a gain of 5% yields Rs 15 more than when sold at a loss of 5%. What is the cost price ?
a) Rs 64
b) Rs 80
c) Rs 150
d) Rs 200
47) Divide 170 into three parts such that the first part is 10 more than the second and its ratio with third part is 2 : 5.
a) 22 : 35 : 113
b) 35 : 55 : 80
c) 40 : 30 : 100
d) 35 : 65 : 70
48) Anish borrowed Rs 15000 at the rate of 12% and another amount at the rate of 15% for two yr. The total interest paid by him was Rs 9000. How much did he borrow ?
a) Rs 32000
b) Rs 33000
c) Rs 30000
d) Rs 63000
49) A car travels a distance of 350 km at uniform speed. If the speed of the car is 20 km/h more, it takes 2 h less to cover the same distance. Find the original speed of the car.
a) 25 km/h
b) 50 km/h
c) 75 km/h
d) 35 km/h
50) Two men A and B walk from P to Q, a distance of 22 km, at 5 and 6 km an hour respectively. B reaches Q, returns immediately and meets A at R. Find the distance P to R.
a) 16 km
b) 18 km
c) 20 km
d) 15 km
Direction: In each of the following questions, there is a certain relationship between two given words on one side of :: and one words given on another side of :: while another words is to be selected from the given alternatives, having the same relationship with this word as the words of the given pair bear. Choose the correct alternative.
51) Drama : Stage : Tennis : ?
52) Flower : Bud :: Plant : ?
53) If 1st October is Sunday, then 1st November will be:
Directions: In each of the following questions, four words have been given out of which three are alike in a certain way and one is different. Choose out the odd one.
54) a) Cancel
55) a) Mother
56) Y is to the East of X, Which is to the North of Z. If P is to the South of Z, then P is in Which direction with respect to Y ?
57) ) Kanmari ranked sixteenth from the top and twenty ninth from the bottom among those who passed an examination. Six boys did not participate in the competition and five failed in it. How many boys were there in the class?
Directions: In each of the following questions find which one word cannot be formed from the letters of the given words using each letter only once.
59) If Neena says, ‘’Anita’s father Raman is the only son of my father-in-law Mahipal’’, then how is Bindu, who is the sister of Anita, related to Mahipal?
d) None of these
60) If DO is coded as 35 then DONE will be coded as
For details regarding the West Bengal SSC (WBSSC) KPS (Krishi Prayukti Sahayak) Exam, visit the official website.