SSC Multi Tasking Staff (MTS) Model Question Paper Sample Set Download PDF
Download Sample Question Paper of SSC Multi Tasking Staff. Staff Selection Commission MTS Model Question Paper may also be downloaded in PDF format. The practice set is important for the upcoming SSC MTS Exam which will be held online. The model question paper contains 50 MCQ / Objective questions with answers. Questions are given part wise for General Knowledge (GK), Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude and English. Notification for SSC recruitment is published on their official website.
1) How many major seaports are there in India?
2) As per the provisional result of the 2011 Census,the density of population in India is
3) The second largest river basin in India is that of
4) Which one of the following is known as ‘Brown Coal’?
5) Which one of the following places is not located on the banks of river Ganga?
a) Uttar kashi
6) Poona Act was signed between _
a) Gandhiji and Lord Irwin
b) Gandhiji and Jinnah
c) Gandhiji and S.C. Bose
d) Gandhiji and Ambedkar
7) Who was the founder of Hindu Mela ?
a) Nabagopal Mitra
b) Bal Gangadhar Tilak
c) Akshay Kumar Dutt
d) Surendranath Banerjee
8) Who is the author of the novel ‘Devdas’ ?
a) Rabindranath Tagore
b) Bankim Chandra Chattopadhyay
c) Sharat Chandra Charropadhyay
d) Munshi Premchand
9) Who among the following was the first Governor General of Bengal ?
a) Robert Clive
b) William Bentick
c) Marques Wellesley
d) Waren Hastings
10) Who among the following enjoys the rank of a Cabinet Minister of the Indian Union?
(a) Deputy Chairman, Rajya Sabha
(b) Deputy Chairman of the Planning Commission
(c) Secretary to the Government of India
(d) None of the above
11) To be eligible for election as President of India, a person must have completed the age of –
a) 25 years
b) 30 years
c) 35 years
d) 40 years
12) In which year the Indian rupee was devalued two times within a month?
13) What is the minimum calorie intake decided by the Planning Commission for rural and urban areas, respectively ?
(a) 2400 and 2100
(b) 2100and 2400
(c) 2400 and 2200
(d) 2100 and 2200
14) Which one among the following metals is more reactive than hydrogen?
15) Which one of the following is not electromagnetic in nature?
Directions (Q16-18) : In these questions, out of the four alternatives, choose the one which best express the meaning of the given word.
Directions ( Q 19-20) In each of the following questions, choose the correctly spelt word.
20) a) Hack
21) I have read an interesting book yesterday (a)/ and underlined the new words (b)/ which are simple but effective.(c)/ No error (d)
22) This is the same story (a)/ which I heard (b)/ from him yesterday.(c)/ No error (d)
Directions: in the following sentences a word or phrase is written in bold. For each bold part four words/phrases are listed below each sentence. Choose the word nearest in meaning to bold part.
23)The maidservant left the police station contrite.
24) She is not seen even smiling these days, she is rather pensive.
25) My brother-in-law has a house for letting.
a) for letting out
b) to rent our
c) to let
d) no improvement
Directions(Q 26-28) four alternatives a,b,c and d given under each sentence, you are required to select most suitable alternative to fill in the blank/blanks in the sentence to make it meaningful.
26)The salt spray has gradually……the bridge.
27) The police … the mob.
28) The …..of glory lead but to the ….. .
b) acts; prosperity
c) paths; grave
d) achievements; suffering
Directions: Pick out the most effective word from the given words to fill in the blanks to make the sentence meaningfully complete.
29) The teacher ordered Kamal to leave the room and ______ him to return.
30) Directions: The following sentences consist of a word or a phrase which is written in bold letters. Each of them is followed by four words or phrases. Select the word or the phrase which is closest to the opposite in meaning of the bold word or phrase.
30)How dare you desecrate an idol of this temple.
Directions: (Q 31) Choose the correct alternative from the given one that will complete the series.
Directions: (Q 32) Choose the correct alternative from the given ones that will complete the series.
Directions: (Q 33-34) Selected the related word/letter/number from the given alternatives.
33) Energy : Joule :: ?
a) Axe : Grind
b) Ammeter : Current
c) Power : Ampere
d) Resistance : Ohm
34) 1 : 1 :: 25 : ?
35) Mainck is 14th from the right end in a row of 40 boys. What is his position from the left end?
Directions: (Q 36) Select the one which is different from the other three responses.
36) a) DEB
37) If February 1,1996 is Wednesday, what day is March 3,1996?
38) Rajeev ranked ninth from top and thirty eighth from the bottom in a class. How many students are there in the class?
39) Ramesh says that “Rekha is the sister-in-law of the only daughter of my mother-in-law’s husband.” How is Rekha related to Ramesh?
40) In a certain code language ‘POND’ is written as ‘RSTL’. How will ‘HEAR’ be written in that code ?
41) The average of 50 numbers is 38. If two numbers, namely 45 and 55 are discarded, the average of remaining numbers is
42) Find the greatest possible length of the planks, if three pieces of timber 42 m, 49 m and 63 m long have to be divided into planks of the same length.
43) Raman salary was decreased by 50% and subsequently increased by 50%. He has a loss of
44) Ratio of the earnings of A and B is 4 : 7. If the earnings of A increases by 50% and those of B decreases by 25% , the new ratio of their earnings becomes 8 : 7. What are A’s earnings?
a) Rs 21,000
b) Rs 26,000
c) Rs 28,000
d) Data inadequate
45) A person covers a distance in 24 min, if he runs at a speed of 27 km/h on an average. Find the speed at which he must run to reduce the time of journey to 18 min.
a) 27 km/h
b) 36 km/h
c) 45 km/h
d) 48 km/h
46) A dealer makes a profit of 20% by selling an article. What would be the percentage change in the profit percent, if he had paid 20% less for it and the customer paid 10% more for it?
47) If CP of 5 mangoes is equal to SP of 4 mangoes, then what will be gain percentage?
48) Cos 720 – sin 180 is equal to
d) None of these
49) If x2 +5x – 2k,is exactly divisible by (x – 1), then the value of k is
50) If an angle is its own complementary angle, then its measure isa) 800
SSC MTS Recruitment details can be obtained from the official website.