IBPS Probationary Officer (PO) Prelims Model Question Paper Download Sample Set
Directions: Choose the correct alternative from the given one that will complete the series.
Direction: In each of the following questions, there is a certain relationship between two given words on one side of :: and one words given on another side of :: while another words is to be selected from the given alternatives, having the same relationship with this word as the words of the given pair bear. Choose the correct alternative.
3) Candle : Wax :: Paper : ?
4) Melt : Liquid :: Freeze : ?
Directions: In each of the following questions find which one word cannot be formed from the letters of the given words using each letter only once.
Directions:In each of the following questions choose one word which can be formed from the letters of the given words using each letter only once.
7) A is father of C and D is son of B.E is brother of A. If C is sister of D, how is B related to E?
8) Pointing to a boy, Purnima says, “He is the only son of the sister of my brother.” How is the boy related to Purnima?
a) Can’t be determined
e) None of these
9) In a certain code language ‘DOG’ is written as ‘WTL’. How will ‘CAT’ be written in that code ?
10) If a certain language, PUNJAB is coded as QVOKBC, how is BOMBAY coded in that code?
Directions: In each of the following questions, a number series is given with one term missing. Choosing the correct alternative that will continue the same pattern and fill in the blank spaces.
11) 3,9,27,81 (….)
Direction: Start off with these simple series of numbers. Number series questions measure your ability to reason without words. To answer these questions, you must determine the pattern of the numbers in each series before you will be able to choose which number comes next. These questions involve only simple arithmetic. Although most number series items progress by adding or subtracting, some questions involve simple multiplication or division. In each series, look for the degree and direction of change between the numbers. In other words, do the numbers increase or decrease, and by how much?
12) Look at this series: 40, 40, 47, 47, 54, . . . What number should come next?
Directions: This set will give you additional practice dealing with number series questions.
13) 6 10 14 18 22 26 30
14) Ram ranked ninth from the top and thirty-eighth from the bottom in a class. How many students are there in the class?
15) Shyam is taller than Pradeep is equal to Anurag.BBut Anand is smaller than Suresh who is equal to Anurag .If Pradeep is taller than Praveen, who is the tallest of all?
Directions: In each of the following questions, four words have been given out of which three are alike in a certain way and one is different. Choose out the odd one.
16) a) Nylon
17) CAT, FDW,IGZ,?
18) The speed of the boat in still water is 12 km/h and the speed of the stream is 2 km/h. A distance of
8 km, going upstream, is covered in
(a) 1 h
(b) 1 h 15 min
(c) 1 h 12 min
(d) None of these
19) A motor car does a journey in 9 h, the first half at 12 km/h and second half at 15 km/h. Find the distance.
a) 120 km
b) 100 km
c) 124 km
d) 96 km
20) If the CI on a certain sum for 2 yr at 4% be Rs 510, What would be the SI ?
a) Rs 500
b) Rs 505
c) Rs 400
d) Rs 475
21) Sundaran invested an amount of Rs 10000 at compound interest rate of 10 percent per annum for a period of 3 yr. How much will he get after 3 yr ?
a) Rs 12340
b) Rs 13210
c) Rs 13320
d) Rs 13310
22) Rs. 120 are divided among A, B,C such that A’s share is Rs. 20 more than B’s and Rs.20 less than C’s. What is B’s share
a) Rs 10
b) Rs 20
c) Rs 24
d) Rs 28
23) A dog pursues a cat and takes 5 leaps for every 6 leaps of the cat, but 4 leaps of the dog are equal to 5 leaps of the cat. Compare the speeds of the dog and the cat.
a) 15 : 22
b) 9 : 25
c) 25 : 21
d) 25 : 24
24) A cloth merchant claim to sell his material at cost price but uses a scale which reads 1 m for 95 cm. find his gain percentage.
25) On selling tea at ` 40 per kg a loss of 10% is incurred. Calculate the amount of tea (in kg) sold if
the total loss incurred is ` 80.
(a) 12 kg
(b) 15 kg
(c) 18 kg
(d) 20 kg
26) A reduction of 50 paisa per dozen in the price of eggs means that a dozen more eggs can be bought for Rs 78. Find the original price of eggs per dozen ?
a) Rs 5.00
b) Rs 4.00
c) Rs 6.00
d) Rs 6.50
27) The income of a broker remains unchanged though the rate of commission is increased from 4% to 5%. The percentage of slump in business is
28) The number between 200 and 300, which when divided by 6,8 or 9 leaves remainder 8 in each case, are
29) The HCF of two numbers is 21 and their sum is 105. The LCM of the numbers is
a) 189 or 147
b) 126 or 84
c) 84 or 145
d) 126 or 145
30) The average age of 30 students is 9 yr. If the age of their teacher is included, it becomes 10 yr. the age of the teacher (in yr) is
31) Three years ago, the average age of a family of 5 members was 17 yr. A baby having been born, the average age of the family is the same today. The present age of the baby is
a) 2 yr
b) 2.4 yr
c) 3 yr
d) 1.5 yr
Directions (Q. Nos. 1-11) Find the missing term in each of the following series.
32) Complete the series 7, 26, 63, 124, 215,342′ ?’
Directions:find the wrong.
33) 7, 9, 16, 25, 41, 68, 107, 173
Directions: find the wrong number in each of the following series.
34) 16, 14, 24, 66, 250, 1270
(e) None of the above
Directions: The following sentences consist of a word or a phrase which is written in bold letters. Each of them is followed by four words or phrases. Select the word or the phrase which is closest to the opposite in meaning of the bold word or phrase.
35) The booking-clerk looked very grumpy.
36) A character without a blemish is a virtue of a leader.
Directions: Each the following items consists of a word followed by four words or group of words. Select the word or group of words that is farthest in meaning to the word given.
Directions: Pick out the most effective word from the given words to fill in the blanks to make the sentence meaningfully complete.
38) The teacher ordered Kamal to leave the room and ______ him to return.
39) One ______ and you know who among them is the culprit.
40) Have you heard the _______ news?
41) He was very good command on English.
d) no improvement
42) All his answers were correct.
a) His all answers
b) his every answers
c) all of his answers
d) no improvement
Directions: In each question below, some words are given, one of which may be wrongly spelt. Find out that word the spelling of which is wrong. If all the words are spelt correctly, your answer is (e) i.e, All correct.
43) a) Weighty
44) Seldom we have been treated (a)/ in such a rude manner (b)/ by the police personnel (c)/ No error (d)
45) Children visiting the park (a)/ are amused by the monkeys (b )/ play in the cages. (c)/No error (d)
46) She was taller (a)/ than either of (b)/ her five sister.(c)/ No error (d)
Directions: Each of the following questions containing main word followed by four words. Select the word that is most similar in meaning.
49) a) It is high time he will start earning.
b) It is high time he started earning.
c) It is high time he starts earning.
d) It is high time he has stated earning.
50)a) My sister is the poet and the philosopher.
b) My sister is a poet and the philosopher.
c) My sister is a poet and a philosopher.
d) My sister is a poet and philosopher.
For more details regarding the recruitment of IBPS Probationary Officer – visit the official website.