IBPS Clerk Prelims Model Question Paper Set Download PDF Sample Practice Test MCQ
IBPS Clerk Preliminary Online Test Model Question Paper has been given below. The sample practice MCQ paper set can be downloaded in PDF format. MCQ Questions Answers and Study Materials syllabus wise can also be found on the links given below. Questions from Banking Aptitude, Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning and English are given here which are asked in the IBPS Clerk Prelims Exam.
IBPS Model Question Paper Set:
1) Which of the following nation is considered the originator of the concept of Micro Finance?
c) South Africa
2) Which one of the following has got RBI nod issue pre-paid cards to its clients?
3) Which of the following is Not a financial term?
a) Acid Test
b) Double Fault
c) Gross Profit
4) Which of the following is a financial asset?
c) Shares in a demat account
d) Land and building
5) At which one of the following rate, the central Bank lends to banks against government securities?
a) Repo Rte
b) Reverse Repo Rate
c) Bank Rate
6) Which one of the following has proposed $ 11 billion infrastructure debt fund?
d) Planning Commission
7) The Reserve Bank does not have an office in—
8) Which one of the following is a driving force influencing the industrial growth of an economy ?
a) Economic factors only
b) Investment only
c) Innovation/ Market Base only
d) all (1),(2) and (3)
9) Lending to Self Help Groups (SHGs) by Banks is known as –
a) Non priority Sector
b) Priority sectors
c) Commercial Sector
d) Corporate Sector
10) In the terms of economics, the recession occurring two times with a small gap in between is known as ___
a) Double Deflation
c) Deep Recession
d) Double Deep Recession
11) Zero balance account is generally allowed to be opened for –
a) Salaried class
c) Foreign customers
12) The main function of I. M. F. is to
a) Finance investment loans to developing countries
b) Act as a private sector lending arm of the World Bank
c) Help to solve balance of payment problems of member countries
d) Arrange international deposits from banks
13) Factoring –
a) is an easy way of raising capital from a factoring company by small business.
b) is selling of account receivables on a contract basis for cash payment to a factor before it is due
c) is an arrangement for raising short term money against prepaid expenses
d) is a method of discounting of long term bills
14) Which of the following is/are called Key policy rates by the Reserve Bank of India ?
1) Bank Rate
a) Only (1)
b) Only (2) and (3)
c) Only (2)
d) All (1), (2) and (3)
15) The Rupee notes contain the signature of –
a) Finance Secretary, GOI
b) Chairman, State Bank of India
c) Governor, Reserve Bank of India
d) Finance Minister, GOI
English Objective Questions:
Directions (Q16-17) : In these questions, out of the four alternatives, choose the one which best express the meaning of the given word.
Directions (Q. 18-20) : Some of the sentences have errors and some have none. Find out which part of a sentence has an error.
18) On last Sunday (a)\ I met my friend 9b)\ accidentally. (c)\ No error
19) He thinks (a)/ himself (b)\ as a great scholar (c)\ No error (d)
20) I asked him (a)/ how could he go out (b)/ if it started raining.(c)/No error (d)
Directions: (21-24) in the following sentences a word or phrase is written in bold. For each bold part four words/phrases are listed below each sentence. Choose the word nearest in meaning to bold part.
21) She upbraided the little girl who got frightened.
a) make tails
b) make up
22) The acerbic remarks of the manager were unwarranted.
23) He is so garrulous that all sober persons avoid his company.
24) The navy gave tactical support to the marines.
Directions: four alternatives a,b,c and d given under each sentence, you are required to select most suitable alternative to fill in the blank/blanks in the sentence to make it meaningful.
25) The punch made the boxer ……… with pain.
26) Your case is so unique that am not getting any……. To support it.
Directions: In each of the following questions, choose the correctly spelt word.
27) a) Forein
28) a) Dairy
Directions: out of the four alternatives, choose the one which can be substituted for the given words/sentence.
29) Thawing snow.
30) A person eighty years of age.
Directions: (Q 31-32) Choose the correct alternative from the given one that will complete the series.
33) If MEAT is written as TEAM, Then BALE is written as
Directions: (Q 34) In the following questions same equations are solved on the basis of a certain system. On the same basis, find out correct answer for unsolved equation.
34) Find the wrong number in the given series :
445, 221, 109, 46, 25, 11, 4
35) Kanmari ranked sixteenth from the top and twenty ninth from the bottom among those who passed an examination. Six boys did not participate in the competition and five failed in it. How many boys were there in the class?
36) Ramesh says that “Rekha is the sister-in-law of the only daughter of my mother-in-law’s husband.” How is Rekha related to Ramesh?
37) A boy rode his bicycle northwards, then turned left and rode one km and again turned left and rode 2 km. He found himself exactly one km west of his starting point. How far did he ride northwards initially?
c) 3 km
d) 5 km
38) 1.12.91 is the first Sunday. Which is the fourth Tuesday of December 91?
Direction: In each of the following questions, there is a certain relationship between two given words on one side of :: and one words given on another side of :: while another words is to be selected from the given alternatives, having the same relationship with this word as the words of the given pair bear. Choose the correct alternative.
39) Man : Biography :: Nation : ?
40) Car : Garage :: Aeroplane : ?
Quantitative Aptitude Questions:
41) A person covers half his journey by train at 60 km/h, half the remainder by bus at 30 km/h and the rest by cycle at 10 km/h. find his average speed during the entire journey
a) 15 km/h
b) 24 km/h
c) 20 km/h
d) 33.3 km/h
42) GDC is (x2 – 4) and (x2 +x – 6) is
a) (x + 2)
b) (x – 2)
c) (x2 – 2)
d) (x2 + 2)
Directions (Q. Nos. 43) Find the missing term in each of the following series.
43) 14, 33, 104, ?, 2110
(e) None of the above
44) The income of a broker remains unchanged though the rate of commission is increased from 4% to 5%. The percentage of slump in business is
45) By selling a watch for ` 495, a shopkeeper incurs a loss of 10%. Find the cost price of the watch
for the shopkeeper.
(a) ` 545
(b) ` 550
(c) ` 555
(d) ` 565
46) The ratio of sprit and water in a mixture is 1 : 3. If the volume of the solution is increased by 25% by adding spirit only. What is the resultant ratio of spirit and water ?
a) 2 : 3
b) 1 : 4
c) 1 : 2
d) None of these
47) If the CI on a certain sum for 2 yr at 4% be Rs 510, What would be the SI ?
a) Rs 500
b) Rs 505
c) Rs 400
d) Rs 475
48) Two men A and B start from a place P walking 4 km and 5km/h respectively. How many km will they be apart at the end of 4 h, if they walk in same direction ?
a) 3 km
b) 4 km
c) 2 km
d) 4.5 km
49) A man rows a boat 18 km in 4 h downstream and returns upstream in 12 h. the speed of the stream (in km/h) is
50) (256)0.16 x(4)0.36 is equal to
For more information regarding IBPS Clerk Recruitment, visit official website.