General English MCQ Question Answer Objective Model Paper
Multiple Choice Objective type questions from General English Aptitude topics are given here. These MCQ Question answers of General English Aptitude are very important if you are preparing for competitive examinations.
Directions ( Q. No. 1-5 ) : In questions , sentences are given with blanks to be filled in with an appropriate word (s). Four alternatives are suggested for each question. Choose the correct alternatives out of the four :
1)The Chairman is ill and we’ll have to ……. the meeting for a few days.
a) put on
b) put of
c) put away
d) put off
2) The cat and the dog have a ……. enemy in the rat.
3) He told me that he …….. watching the movie.
a) is finished
b) was finished
c) had finished
d) not finished
4) He is very good …….. making stories.
5) I do my work …….. carefully to make mistakes.
Directions ( Q. Nos. 6-10 ) : In questions choose the word opposite in meaning to the given word :
Directions ( Q.Nos. 11-15 ) : Some parts of the sentences have errors and some are correct. Find out which part of a sentence has an error :
11)Ram was (a)/ senior to (b)/ Sam in college.(c)/ No error (d)
12) Supposing if (a)/ it rains (b)/ what shall we do? (c)/ No error (d)
13) The capital of Yemen (a)/ is situating (b)/ 2190 meters above the sea level. (c)/ No error (d)
14) It was him (a)/ who came running (b)/ into the classroom. (c)/ No error (d)
15) The captain along with his team (a)/ are practicing very hard (b)/ for the forthcoming match. (c)/ No error (d)
Directions : ( Q.Nos. 16-20 ) : Out of the four alternatives, choose the one which best express the meaning of the word :